Ch. 39

"y/n... how- where did you..." Bowser stumbled over his words as a look of shock and fear came over his face from your sudden appearance.

He became silent as he took a few slow steps back from you. His eyes were glued to yours as the (m/c) within your burning gaze caused fear to take over his previous rage.

"Answer my question..." You muttered with cold desperation as you took a step towards him. "Did you mean that?"

"y/n." You suddenly heard Kamek say with sternness in his voice.

You looked over to where Kamek had spoken, only for your heart to sink as you were met with the sight of him standing there with his wand held out towards you, his expression serious and cold.

"Calm your magic." He demanded in a hushed tone.

You could feel a pain rise in your soul when he spoke those words to you. You began to process what you had just done. While you didn't feel as if you were about to lose control, you had acted out of high emotion, resulting in what could easily be seen as a threat.

Especially if your eyes were glowing.

You knew they saw your burning eyes as nothing but a warning...

A warning of the dangers that your magic truly held...

Despite this, you remained frozen as you stared towards Kamek with your eyes continuing to glow a bright (m/c).

This wasn't the first time Kamek has held his wand towards you in a moment of fear when in regards to your magic, but something about this felt different... Though, you couldn't exactly discern why...

"y/n, I don't know where you just came from, or what you heard, but this reaction from you is unacceptable." Kamek lectured as the grip on his wand appeared to tighten. "Please... just take a deep breath, and we can talk about this..."

"I think my reaction is perfectly justified after hearing my father threaten to take a life..." You stated in defense as you clenched tightly onto the green hoodie in your hands.

"Your father speaks out of fear for you, y/n. He didn't mean what he said..." Kamek explained in an attempt to reassure you while continuing to stay stern in his tone.

"I want to hear it from him..." You muttered while looking over to Bowser, your eyes slightly dimming in hope that your father truly didn't mean what he said.

Bowser looked incredibly stressed, an expression of dread on his face as he stared back at you.

"y/n, I... um..." He hesitantly began to say while glancing between you and Kamek, before taking a deep breath and attempting to try and explain himself.  "I'm not sure what you heard, but I would have never said the things I did if I knew you were listening. I spoke out of anger and fear, and my threats of violence were.... exaggerated..."

Bowser went silent for a moment as he took a second to look away from you and Kamek. His eyes slightly darted around, as if he were debating his next words with caution.

He then looked back to you with a serious expression.

"However... I can't deny that some of the things I said hold truth." Bowser stated, his previous nervousness now completely gone from his demeanor.

The hoodie slipped from your hands and fell to the floor as you processed what your father had
just said. The color that had been previously starting to fade from your eyes began to burn a bright (m/c) once again as your body tensed up from a storm of emotions. Overwhelmed with denial, you brought your hands to your head as you tried to control your breathing.