Sneaky (S.S)

Gn!Reader

You smiled as you swatted at Sebastian quietly, ducking behind a bookshelf as Peeves floated by. Sebastian only shook his head as he smiled back, quietly trying to put a book away that the two of you had taken from the restricted section the night before. You peeked around the corner, following the ghost with your eyes while Sebastian tried to find the next book he was after, muttering to himself as he read the spine of each book quickly. You watched as Peeves continued his rounds, clearly searching for Sebastian, who had a record of spending time after hours in the restricted section and loved fetching the librarian to watch her give Sebastian detention.

You jump slightly as Sebastian placed his hand to your back, nodding that he found what he was after and that it was time to go. You scanned the area once more as you quickly retreated to follow Sebastian, head hung low to stay hidden. He smiled back at you in triumph, waving the book in front of you as he walked. You shook your head as you closed your eyes for a moment. "Put it away, before someone sees it in your hand!" You whispered, smiling as you grabbed the sleeve of his robe. He scoffed quietly as he put it in his bag, turning to head down another row of shelves lined with books. "Peeves won't hang around too long, and by the time he finds us we'll already be gone." He whispered matter-of-factly. You shook your head once again, looking behind you to see if Peeves was anywhere nearby.

You sneaked around a few more shelves, Sebastian stopped a few times to look at some books, only moving when you poked him in the side. "We can't stay here long, remember?" You whispered, taking the lead as you poked your head around a shelf, spotting the next route to take. You motioned for Sebastian to follow you as he sighed, putting a book back when you raised a brow. You quickly tiptoed across the room, stopping when you reached another shelf, turning to see if Sebastian had followed you. He did, of course, right behind you. He crashed into you, sending you to the ground with a thud as you gasped. Sebastian fell on top of you, eyes wide as he quickly placed his hand over your mouth. You glared up at him, his eyes apologetic as he quickly looked around. He sighed quietly as he slowly removed his hand from your mouth as the library stayed quiet. You sat up and moved from under him, dusting your robe as you narrowed your eyes at him.

"Are you serious?" You whispered, lightly swatting at him when he tried to help you up. "Why were you so close?" Sebastian raised his hands in defense, a slight blush to his cheeks. "To make sure you didn't get caught?" He said, causing you to narrow your eyes. "How would that help? If someone saw me, they would have seen you right behind me!" Sebastian tried not to laugh as you scolded him, his lips tightening as he held back a smile. You furrowed your brows as you got to your feet. "What's so funny? Do you want detention?" You asked, crossing your arms as he shook his head, a slight smile on his lips. "Of course not, but you have to admit, this is rather fun." "Fun? You knocked me over." "But I saved you."

You sighed and shook your head as you turned away from Sebastian, feeling your cheeks heat up as you remembered that Sebastian had, in fact, landed on top of you, covering your mouth so you didn't cry out when you hit the ground. "Wouldn't have had to do that if you paid attention." "Attention, attention! Attention is right! What a sight, two students sneaking in the library at night!" You groaned as you closed your eyes, slowly turning around with tight lips as you were met with Peeves. Sebastian quickly shook his head as he tried to talk to Peeves. "Not sneaking! Can't you rest for a night?" You shook your head as you brought a hand to pinch the bridge of your nose, sighing. "A rest? Why rest when there are students sneaking around! Perhaps you will pay more attention, in detention!" Sebastian yelled after Peeves, who disappeared as he went to fetch the librarian. "Come back, you damn poltergeist!"