Chapter 1- Affair of a crime branch officer and a doctor

Virat entered his bedroom after having dinner with his family. He took out his phone from his pocket which vibrate a few times indicating a few messages during the dinner. He smiled seeing the name of the sender and opened it to read them.

"I have to go to the hospital. Got an emergency call, an accident case."

"Don't worry reached the hospital safely"

"Don't call me going for an OT. I will call you back after the OT. Wait for me."

He types a reply "OK, I will wait for your call. Don't go back home alone at this hour, I will drop you off whenever you will be ready to go."

Then he sat in his bed and started to read a case file while waiting for the call from his doctor girlfriend. From the important case file, a few pictures of girls come out. He irritatedly threw them on the bedside table. It must be his sister-in-law Pakhi's work. Only she can do this. She being his classmate at school take this liberty to push his buttons except for his mother.

He knew his family wants him to get married and they give him the responsibility to search a girl for him to his brother Samrat and sister-in-law Patraleka.

What a situation his family is searching for a bride for him, Sai's mother is pressurizing her for marriage. He and Sai love each other but they can't disclose their relationship to their family.

His orthodox family doesn't like their daughters-in-law working after marriage as they think that working women are not good wives, daughters-in-law, or mothers. On the other hand, Sai's mother doesn't want to get her daughter married to a police officer or army officer because Sai's father was a police officer and he died during a mission.

When he was thinking all this his cell phone rang, its Sai's call. He received the call and asked, "how was your operation, Doctor Sai??" Sai smiled and replied "Successful, patient is out of danger. But it's an accident case so need to wait for the police inquiry. You sleep Yash will drop me off later. I don't know how long this inquiry will take." Virat said "Who is the officer? Tell him to leave you a bit early"

Sai said in a mock afraid voice "No way I learned my lessons. Once I said one officer to leave me early and he gave me a long lecture on responsibility, professionalism, and duty of a police officer and a doctor." both laughed out loud after Sai finished her words. That officer was Virat. 2 years ago IPS officer Virat Chavan and Surgeon Dr. Sai Joshi met during an investigation of an accident that police suspected a murder attempt. Soon they fell in love and in a relationship for the last two years.

Virat said "that officer also learn his lesson that he should not keep a bus doctor waiting for long. Tell me who is the officer. I will talk with him." Sai in a serious tone said "No Virat, Actually patient has been shifted to ICU after the operation and I want to keep her in observation for a few hours. It's a 15-year-old girl. So I will stay till morning. You sleep, Yash will drop me. Dont worry. I will massage you after reaching home. You have an important investigation going on and I want to crack the case. So take rest properly."

Both of them know that their profession is demanding so Virat bid her bye after saying her to eat something and sleep in her cabin if possible. After cutting the call he went to sleep as e really is investigating a very important case of human trafficking.