Chapter 3- Alka thinks Yash is the best man for her daughter

Dr. Yash Gavaskar knocked on the door of Sai's cabin with two cups of coffee. Sai was engrossed in a case file she smiled seeing Yash with coffee and said: "you hear my mental voice my mind was craving for a coffee only." Yash handed her the cup and sat to discuss the case. Dr. Yash is Sai's senior in the hospital, she started her internship under junior doctor Yash. but after nearly 5 years when both of them are senior doctors of this prestigious multi-specialty hospital,  they forget the senior junior and become very good friends.

When they finished discussing the case and prepared for the next day's surgery it was 11 pm. Sai wanted to go home by cab but Yash insisted that he will give her a drop at her home. Sai's mother Alka was walking to and fro as she was waiting for her daughter. Her daughter is a responsible and efficient doctor, being late coming home is regular for her but as a mother, she still worries about Sai traveling alone at night.

Alka turned hearing the sound of a bike. She happily observed a joking Sai and Yash coming towards her home. She felt relieved seeing Sai with Yash. before they reached the gate she opened the gate. She invited Yash for dinner. Yash first objected but to Alka's insistence come inside for dinner.

Alka really like Yash, she cherishes Sai and Yash's friendship. Both of them understand each other well and are supported through thick and thin. She wants to make Yash her son-in-law. Yash is a good looking honest doctor, who belongs to a good family, she has met his parents and they are also good people and most of all he cares for Sai. So as per Alka's judgment, Yash is the best man as Sai's life partner.

During dinner, Yash said, "before going to our ancestral home Aai said to me that you will most days have lunch at the hospital and Dinner at Alka ji's home so we can easily go for 15 days." Alka smiled and said "Survi ji also sends Puran Poli, modak for Sai whenever she makes them. Yash when your parents are coming. I need to talk with her in some matter." Yash replied "they will come the day after tomorrow." after finishing his dinner he left.

After coming back to Nagpur Yash's parents Mr. Sameer Gavaskar and Mrs. Survi Gavaskar come to meet Alka Joshi and Sai. they brought something for the Joshi family from their ancestral village. Suddenly Mrs. Gavaskar said "in our village, everyone was telling that now we should think about the marriage of Yash. He is established now." Alka said "yes it's right. Do you have any girl in mind?" Mr. Gavaskar said, "Yes Mrs. Joshi we do." Mrs. Gavasar also smiled "Alka Ji if you don't think otherwise we would like to ask Sai's hand for Yash. they are good friends and both look good together."

Alka was happy to agree quickly before her daughter open her mouth and give lectures regarding why she doesn't want to marry now and why. She turned towards Yash and asked, "Yash beta are you happy with it." Yash smiled and said "I do not have a girlfriend so it is fine with me at least I will get the girl as my life partner who is my friend." everyone except Sai laughed at Yash's comments and the elders decided to talk about the marriage later.

After lunch, the Gavaskar family go back to their home and Sai asked her mother why she agreed to the marriage. Alka told her that she is not feeling well for a few days and wanted to get her only daughter married before her death.