A Slumber did my Spirit seal

"From this slumber she shall wake

When true love's kiss

The spell should break"

were Kai's words as he put Elena under the spell as he turned to her.

Elena now realized she was closed in the coffin.

"Help me..."- she now shouted- "Eliiijah!!" trying to knock the lid of the coffin.

Outside in the crypt, Hope had arrived at the sun started to rise. Stefan and Rebekah together with Hope waited for the moment the sun is fully risen on this very important solstice day. The moment they hear Elena's voice shout, there was jubilation running through the vampire's hearts standing next to the coffin.

"Just one moment."- Hope then said taking Stefan's blood and Bonnie's smearing it on the coffin whispering the words of Bonnie's spell for opening the coffin.

Rebekah looked at Stefan with teary eyes-

"You old romantic!"- Stefan now told the Original.

"Oh, shut up!"- she spat back.

As Hope was about to open the coffin, Elijah swooped in the crypt, now standing next to the coffin.

Hope now nodded for him as the spell broke to open it as he did.

"Elijah!"- Elena muttered reaching for him. Still fatigued from being in the stasis, he now helped her get out of the coffin.

"It worked"- Rebekah slipped watching Elena in Elijah's arms.

"Hey- "- Elena then saw Stefan, Rebekah and Hope.

Stefan replied in the same manner looking at her warmly happy that she was awake.

"Fell's Church is the safest place. We should go there straight away."- Elijah then suggested and swished away with Elena to the magical shelter. Rebekah and Hope followed. Stefan remained at the crypt sending a message to Jeremy and co that Elena was awake and well and that the spell was broken.

The message was met with great jubilation. Jeremy immediately called Elijah.

Damon received it as he walked into Sheila Bennett's house. It meant that they will soon be able to locate Bonnie.

He now went to her room. It was the place he felt closest to her in all the years she was taken that faithful night. He took the photo of him and Bonnie out of the jacket pocket.

Flashback

Damon vamped out killing the vampires that came through to get him from the side of the Mystic Falls High and as he fought off the compelled bunch another surge of six of them jumped on him. Bonnie hurried over to him and swiped them off with her magic. He was on the floor and felt a stake wedged half an inch from his heart.

"Be still!"- Bonnie said as she knelt above him and now took the stake in her hands. She knew she would have to be very steady pulling it out. She could see that he was in excruciating pain and his blue eyes now red from pain looked at her with heartfelt seriousness-

"Don't speak!"- she said once again- "Your heart is in my hands now!!"

Damon now put the photo back in his jacket pocket. His phone rang and it was Stefan.

"Where are you?"-

"Bennett house."- Damon replied- "so... she is awake?! How is she?"

"Fine."- Stefan said simply.