Chapter 24: Kidnapped PART 2

(DAY 7)

Rue smiled happily, her head resting on Alcina's chest as they stared up at the night sky that was filled with billions of countless stars. The picnic blanket underneath them was comfortable and soft with a basket of a half empty bottle wine along with two empty wine glasses, fruits and other food. She was content. Happy just being there with Alcina and snuggling into her warmth and enjoying her strong arms around her.

The Countess leaned down, planting a tender kiss on her forehead. Rue giggled in response before nuzzling into her neck. This was all she wanted, to be with Alcina and away from the stress of everyday life. Weirdly enough, she couldn't shake the strange feeling that this exact moment had happened before.

''Are you enjoying yourself, draga mea?'' Alcina cooed softly, gently caressing her cheek.

''Yes, my love.'' Rue said, looking up and pressing a kiss against the palm of her lover's palm. They giggled, planting tiny, quick kiss on each other lips. When Alcina sat up, Rue sat up with her while looking up at her curiously when she noticed the anxious look plastered on her face. ''Darling, what is it?''

Alcina was looking up at the sky, fidgeting with something off to the side. ''Darling, you love the girls and me, right?''

''Yes, of course I do. What kind of question is that?'' Rue asked, tenderly resting her hand on top of Alcina's starting to get anxious about where this was going.

The Countess looked down at her, her golden eyes riddled with anxiety. Rue was starting to get nervous, having only ever seen Alcina like this once a long time ago but she could not recall when at that moment. After a few moments of silence and deep breaths, Alcina revealed a small box before opening it. Inside was a beautiful silver ring with the Dimitrescu family crest on it.

''Draga mea, you know the girls and I love you more than there are stars in the sky. None of us can imagine our lives without you in it. The only thing I want in this life and the next is to be with you, to continue waking up next to you and watching you with our girls. My darling, what I'm asking is, will you do me the honours of becoming Lady Ruenheid Dimitrescu?'' she asked, stumbling on her words a few times but still delivering the question perfectly.

Rue covered her mother before practically tackling her in a tight hug while saying ''yes'' between passionate kisses. After calming down while crying tears of happiness. Alcina slipped the silver ring on her finger as they laid there on the picnic blanket. The Countess kissed her tears away while rubbing her back as Rue rested her head on her collarbone.

Suddenly, Rue started to laugh a bit. Looking up at her now fiancée, she explained. ''I know it sounds strange, but it feelings like I dreamed about this before.''

''Well, I hope I made your dream come true.''

That's when Rue's eyes snapped wide open, her body jerking her fully awake. Looking around, she felt the familiar disappointment when she realized she wasn't with Alcina. She was back in her room that had been stripped of her drawer from her nightstand, wardrobe and wire coat hanger after being caught trying to pick the lock. She had figured if she couldn't get the lock open and broke it, her parents would have to get a new one and she'd be able to get to the front door or a window so either way, her door would be open. But now, that wouldn't happen.

She looked at her half eaten plate of food from last night while fighting fatigue. For the first couple of days, Rue had refused to eat whatever was prepared for her until her parents had force fed her. When her parents had tried to get her to change from her uniform, she had protest and ended up scratching her fathers arm up badly. They never tried that again. The only time she ever left the room was to wash her hair and use the bathroom that had no windows while her mother waited outside the door. And anything that could have been used to escape was also removed from the bathroom.