Kiss of Death

[Y/n] was rudely woken up by yelling from Kazuki and whining from Miri. She rubbed her eyes, sitting up.

"I wanna break eggs, too!"

"Just stay put!"

"That's not fun!"

"It's not supposed to be fun!"

"What the hell...?" She muttered.

[Y/n] rubbed her eyes as she stepped out of her room and walked downstairs to see Miri on top on a pile of Rei's video games. Miri laughed. [Y/n] literally forgot that she was here.

Soon, breakfast was served. Miri ate at the coffee table while [Y/n] and Rei sat with Kazuki at the larger table.

Miri was in awe of the meal. "Looks so good!" She cheered and reached for it. But, Kazuki stopped her. "Hold it. Before you eat, you say, 'thank you for the food.'" He said.

Rei went to eat, "Rei! That goes for you, too!" [Y/n] giggled.

"Thank you for the food!" They said in unison. [Y/n] took a bite and smiled. The french toast was so sweet and so good. "This kid's a real handful, huh?" Kazuki said.

"And who brought her home?" Rei questioned with his mouth full.

"Like I said, I'll figure it-" [Y/n] and Kazuki noticed the mess that Rei was. "That's your man, remember." Kazuki said, and [Y/n] sighed.

"I'll get some napkins." She said while getting up.

After they ate, [Y/n] made them some tea while Kazuki read the note that Miri was sent with. "This is your child. I still resent you for abandoning me when I was pregnant. I'd like you to raise her. And if you don't want your wife to find out, I invite you to pay back child support plus extra compensation."

"A mistress of his, then?" Rei questioned.

"No wonder she doesn't know her father." [Y/n] muttered sipping her tea.

"Crud. We killed the guy she's billing." Kazuki said, making [Y/n] almost choke.

"That girl saw what we do, right?" Rei asked.

"She did sorta witness a gunfight, yeah."

"She's a baby; she didn't know what was going on...right?" [Y/n] questioned.

"What do we do?"

"We can't take her to the police. That'll raise too many questions." [Y/n] said.

"I guess we'll have to send her back to her mom." Kazuki said.

"Where does she live?" Rei asked.

"Does it say?" [Y/n] questioned, looking at the envelope, "It doesn't say." [Y/n] noticed Rei pulling out his cigarettes.

"Rei..." [Y/n] scolded. He looked at her, "Not around Miri-chan."

Kazuki and [Y/n] made him stand under the vent above the stove. [Y/n] and Kazuki went over to Miri. "Miri-chan..." Kazuki sung.

The little girl looked at them. "It's all over you!" Kazuki said, surprised.

"Gross." Rei said.

"Like you're one to talk." [Y/n] muttered, "I'll got get some more napkins." She went into the kitchen while Kazuki continued to talk to Miri.

"Hey, can you tell us where you're from?" Kazuki asked.

"Fawwaway!" Miri said.

"Swallow first, please." Miri did.

"Far away!"

"Who brought you here, then?" [Y/n] brought back the napkins.

"No one!"