Spice of Life

"Mama..."

[Y/n]'s mother glared down at her. "Don't dare use such informality with me." She said. 

"Sorry, mother." Little [Y/n] muttered. Her mother continued to walk with [Y/n] struggling to keep up behind her. [Y/n] peeked out the window to see Rei talking with his father. "Rei...-chan..."

"Hurry up, [Y/n]!"

~~

"Mama... Mama!" [Y/n] opened her eyes to see Miri. [Y/n] eyes widened a bit. "[Y/n]nee-chan?" Miri questioned.

"Oh...sorry." [Y/n] said. "I thought you said something else."

"Something else?" Miri repeated.

[Y/n] smiled, "You can call me whatever you want, Miri-chan. Did you need something?"

"Papa's making breakfast!" Miri said.

[Y/n] giggled and picked Miri up. "Is it french toast?" She asked as she walked out of the room.

"Dunno!" Miri said.

"Look who woke me up this morning." [Y/n] said to Kazuki, who was in the kitchen.

"Sorry, I lost track of her." Kazuki said as [Y/n] walked down the stairs.

"It's okay. I don't mind." [Y/n] said and tossed Miri in the air. Miri laughed when she was easily caught. [Y/n] noticed Rei still sleeping on the couch.

"Shall we wake up, Rei-chan?" [Y/n] asked while grinning at Miri. "Wanna eat with Rei-kun and [Y/n]nee-chan!" Miri cheered.

[Y/n] set Miri in front of Rei's sleeping form. "Morning!" Miri said, and Rei's eyes opened, and he looked at Miri and [Y/n], who had matching white tees. "It's morning now!"

"Rise and shine, Sleepyhead!" [Y/n] cheered along with Miri. Rei looked at Kazuki for help. "She wanted to eat breakfast with 'Rei-kun and [Y/n]nee-chan.'" Kazuki said, "Rise and shine already!"

Miri climbed on the couch. "Rise and shine!" She yelled and jumped on Rei. Kazuki and [Y/n] stopped and watched Rei tremble in pain while Miri continued to cheer. "Bull's-eye." Kazuki said.

"Y-Yeah..." [Y/n] said.

Kazuki got their breakfast of cereal ready. Miri seemed to enjoy it. "What is this?" Rei questioned.

"It's what she said she wanted." Kazuki said, "Kids, am I right?" [Y/n] tried some and her eyes sparkled. Rei's eyes widened when he tried some. They ate it like their life depended on it. "You like it?"

They noticed and continued to eat. "You three, I swear..." Kazuki grumbled, and he sighed, "I'm going to see Kyu-chan today."

"For a job?" Rei questioned.

"No, the quest for her parentage." Kazuki said, and [Y/n] tilted her head.

"What's parentage?" Miri asked, appearing out of nowhere, "Ups!" She climbed into Kazuki's lap.

"I'm still eating, damn it!" Kazuki said and grabbed some bananas, "Here, I'll give you a banana! Banana!"

Miri cheered, "Banana! Banana!"

[Y/n] giggled. "Well, can you take it?" Kazuki teased, holding it out of Miri's reach, "Bananas sure are good!"

"Give it! Give it!"

"She's like a little monkey!" Kazuki said, "Banyanya! Banyanya!"

"I want it! Banyanya!" Miri repeated, making [Y/n] laugh more.