After Rain Comes Fair Weather

[Y/n] sat on the couch, watching Rei play video games. It was pouring outside, meaning the rainy season was coming. It wasn't [Y/n]'s favorite time of year. With the change in weather, [Y/n] often got sick with a cold.

"We're back!" Kazuki said, entering the house.

"Papa Rei! Mama! We're back!" Miri cheered, and she ran through the house.

"Miri, raincoat off!" Kazuki said, "Rei, I need a towel!"

[Y/n] sighed and got up, knowing that Rei's not getting up.

"Welcome back." Rei greeted.

"Need! A! Towel!" Kazuki said, and [Y/n] came downstairs with towels.

"There you go." [Y/n] said.

"Thank you, [Y/n]." Kazuki said.

"I wanna play!" Miri said.

"No! Bath first!" Kazuki stepped in a puddle of water that Miri's coat made. "Oh, come on!"

After getting Miri changed, [Y/n] helped with the laundry while Kazuki made dinner.

"Thank you for the food!" Miri and [Y/n] said after they finished.

"Same." Rei muttered and got up.

"Can we play more Morio Kart?" Miri asked.

"No way. You get mad when you lose."

"I wont get mad!"

[Y/n] and Kazuki stared at the mess that they left. They sighed. After the laundry was done, [Y/n] and Kazuki folded them.

"Where's the big towel?" Miri asked.

"Big towel?" Kazuki repeated.

"That one I gotta take to daycare." Miri said.

"Oh, that one." Kazuki muttered.

"Hey, Rei. Where's the terrycloth blanket with her name on it? I told you to get it, remember?" Kazuki asked.

Rei didn't answer. He was too busy working out. Kazuki glared. "Rei! Earth to Rei!" He still didn't answer. [Y/n] looked down at the couch, and there it was. "Oh, come on..."

Miri got into the shower while Kazuki looked around for the sewing kit while [Y/n] continued to fold the clothes. Soon, Rei was done with his work out. She let out a little cough.

"I'm out of the shower!" Miri announced, "Papa Rei! Can I play Morio Kart, too?" She came running out of the bathroom.

After a couple hours of playing, [Y/n] put Miri to bed and began to put the clean clothes away while Kazuki sewed Miri's name into her blanket.

"You gotta step up with taking care of Miri." Kazuki said.

"Um, I am?" Rei said, not taking his eyes off of the screen.

"Are you? How?"

Rei hummed, "We play games together and stuff."

"It's not like you leave the house anyway, dude. You could help me and [Y/n] a little more with Miri stuff. "

"I'm doing my best." Rei said, and Kazuki sighed.

~~

The next day, [Y/n] gathered up all of the dirty clothes in each room to get a next load of laundry ready.

"I want ups! C'mon!" Miri whined. It was giving [Y/n] a headache.

"Stop pulling at me. It's not safe." Kazuki said while cooking. [Y/n] placed the basket on the couch.