Everyone Will Be Hypocrites

[A/n: I just couldn't wait to post this one. Final chapter will be posted by next week! I think that one will have a lovely ending.]

Days passed since they gave Miri up to her mother. The three assassins fell into a depression of some sort. Kazuki moved around slowly, Rei gamed all night, while [Y/n]...

She refused to leave her room. She refused to eat, to go out, to do anything. She laid cuddled with one of Miri's plushies that she refused to let go of.

She knew soon she would have to go back to the Suwa Manor and eventually marry Rei. The thought of having Rei as her husband would normally make [Y/n] all fuzzy and happy, but now, [Y/n] didn't think she could go through with it.

If she didn't, it would be a betrayal to the organization, and she would be killed. [Y/n] couldn't care less what happened to her at this point.

She stared at the wall that hung Miri's Mother's Day gift to her. It was a picture of Miri in the middle of what looked like [Y/n] and Misaki, handing Miri's hands. "Miri..." She cried.

~~~

Rei stepped out to smoke. "Haven't see you smoke in a while." Kazuki said.

"You're the one who told me not to get the smell on Miri." Rei said, "Or was it, [Y/n]...?"

Kazuki had a worried look. "She still hasn't come out?" He muttered.

"Not willingly." Rei said, "I had to feed her in bed."

They sat in silence for a moment. "Never realized how quiet it was here when Miri's not around." Kazuki said, "Total silence except of the sound of your game."

"You're messing up your cooking a lot now too." Rei said.

"If you don't like it, feel free to order in." Kazuki said.

"I did before." Rei muttered, "I hope... I hope Miri's eating right."

"No worries. I'm sure she is." Kazuki said.

"I think [Y/n] and I'll go back to my dad in the new year." Rei said, "He told us to come back."

"Yeah... not like there's much reason for us to stay together now."

"You can have to apartment." Rei said, "Use it however you want."

"Nah, think I'll find a smaller place." Kazuki said as he began to walk away, "This is way too much apartment for just little ol' me... I can't even remember what life was like before Miri."

"Kazuki..." Rei said and he tossed his lighter to his friend, "Take it." Rei walked inside.

"This is your parting gift?" Kazuki muttered, looking at the lighter.

Meanwhile, with Miri, Misaki placed a plate in front of Miri. "Hamburg steak!" Miri cheered.

"You like Hamburg steak, don't you?" Misaki asked.

"Yes! Thank you for the food!" Miri said and began to eat, "Mama, this isn't the one you always make."

"It's better than that cheap one, isn't it?" Misaki asked, "I worked hard to make it right. Go on. Eat your veggies. I'm going to work hard to make up for everything you had to go without."

"Okay!" Miri said and ate some more, "I like this one, too!"

"What did you do in daycare today?" Misaki asked.

"Today, we practiced singing!" Miri said, "Did I tell you? Anna-chan's scary when she plays piano!"

"Is she really?"