Lost At Sea

[Y/n], Kazuki and Rei walked to the daycare to pick up Miri while they planned on want to give Miri for Christmas. "A present?" Rei questioned.

"We've got Christas coming up, right?" Kazuki said, "Wonder if there's anything Miri wants."

"Morio Kart 2nd Edition." Rei said.

"That's what you want!"

"I pre-ordered it." Rei said giving the thumbs up, making [Y/n] giggle.

"I can figure out what Miri wants." [Y/n] said, "It just takes a little--" She noticed a familiar woman standing at the gate of the daycare. [Y/n]'s eyes narrowed.

"Isn't that..." Rei muttered.

"Miri's mother."

"What the hell is she doing here?" [Y/n] muttered.

She noticed him. "I'm Unasaka Misaki. We've met previously."

"Yeah, when you threw your daughter-- no, my daughter away." [Y/n] said, "What the fuck do you want now?"

"I've...I've come to take Miri." Misaki said.

"Eh?! You must be out of your damn mind!" [Y/n] yelled, and Rei held her back.

"That's a whole lotta nerve you've got here." Kazuki said.

"But-"

"You're the one who threw Miri out and said you didn't want to see her again! What the hell are you thinking?" Kazuki yelled.

"I am her mother." Misaki said, "I have the right to live with my daughter."

If looks could kill, Misaki would have been struck down by [Y/n]'s intense glare. [Y/n]'s grip on Rei sleeve tightened. "It's a little damn late for that! You know we've-"

"Hey." Rei stopped him as well. Kazuki noticed the other parents were looking. "It's Mama!" They heard Miri, "It's my mama! Mama!"

"Miri, wait-"

[Y/n]'s eyes widened as Miri ran right passed them and hugged her mother. Her real mother. "Miri, I've missed you!" Misaki said, hugging her daughter.

That hurt worse than any bullet wound [Y/n]'d received.

Rei allowed Misaki to come back home with them. Miri showed Misaki all of her drawings.

"Why's we let her come back with us?" Kazuki grumbled.

"We can't exactly have a serious talk in front of a daycare." Rei said.

"We shoulda told her to pound sand!" Kazuki whisper yelled.

"In front of Miri, dude?"

Kazuki glared to the side. Rei glanced over to the kitchen to see [Y/n] drinking a glass of wine that was filled to the bream. She only drinks that much when she's upset and wants to forget her problems.

After showing all of her drawings, Miri wanted to show her mother her room. "Mama! Hurry! Come quick!" Miri said, pulling her mother along, "This is my room!"

"Goodness!" Misaki muttered.

Miri opened her closet. "Look, look!" Showing all of her clothes.

"These are all yours?" Misaki questioned.

"My Mama [Y/n] and Papas bought them for me!" Miri cheered.

"I see." Misaki muttered and sat down to Miri's level. "Do you have a lot of fun here?"

"Yeah!" Miri nodded.

"Then...you'd rather be there than with me?" Misaki asked.

Miri shook her head then hugged her mother. "I love my mama!" Miri said, "I love my papas and Mama [Y/n] too!"