five

A week and a half later at work, the team is back in the boardroom.

The boss and his feverish temp glide through the doors and he wastes no time, "How are we looking on this campaign, guys? Talk to me."

Someone pipes up, "Everything is in order. We've blocked out time this week and next for all the locations that we need to shoot. We contacted all the vendors and they were trying to up charge us but I threatened to put them on our blacklist and they got scared and backtracked. Then I low-balled the fuck out of them. Overall, we're saving seventeen percent."

"That is music to my fucking ears, keep the good news going, what else do we got?"

"I got my tailor to mend all the garments we're using in the shoot to fit the new model's measurements." Margie beams.

The boss eyes her then whispers to his temp, "Get a seamstress from wardrobe to double-check those." his temp nods and notes it, "New model? So we did it? We booked Abena?"

I raise my pen in the air, "I talked to her the other day. She was ecstatic about it. I did make a couple of amendments to the contract to sweeten the deal but she's all over it. She's a dream to work with, too. A total sweetheart. I'm telling you guys, we're making a great investment with this girl."

"Aww, how cute. Did you have a slumber party afterwards and make friendship bracelets and talk about boys?" Margie teased.

"Just about your husband... oh, wait."

"Alright, girls. Cool it. Seems like things are coming along nicely, though. Any more updates?"

I added, "We received the refund from Polina's contract and I sent her a get-well gift basket. A real nice one, too. There's enough chocolate in there for her to pull a golden ticket to Wonka's factory."

"Sounds pricey. I hope you didn't put that on the company's tab." Margie says.

"I'm not you, Margaret. I think before I act. I paid for it myself."

Margie laughed, "That's even worse." she rested her pointy chin in her palm, "Do you have a thing for models or something? Why do you keep trying to be buddy-buddy with them? They're clients, not friends."

"Jesus Margie, stop being so damn bitter." Suit butts in, sounding slightly agitated, "She just bought a damn care package for the poor girl that broke nearly every bone in her body. It's a nice gesture and it makes us look like we're not look like the self-serving assholes that we are."

Big Boss nodded, "Got a point. Infinity took the initiative, that's what I like to see.." I'm actually surprised that he remembered my name. A couple days ago he didn't even remember my face, "But you really shouldn't have paid for it yourself. You know what? Let me treat you to dinner to reimburse you."

His temp's eyes widen and he whispers something in his ear.

"Never mind," the big boss corrects himself, "I have no time for the next three months it seems. Okay! Someone take Infinity out to dinner, please!"

Suit chimes in immediately, "I'd be more than happy to take on this task for the benefit of the team, sir."

I shoot him a the fuck? look and he just winks at me.

"Aslan, the man! You handsome, helpful motherfucker. In one of my past lives, we were gay lovers. I'm sure of it."

Suit's grin drops and he just crinkles his eyebrows in confusion.

The big boss claps his hands together, "Perfect. I gotta jet, but send me any updates and I will see you all next week on set!" Then he and his temp leave and everyone else follows.