Chapter 20

ART'S GREEN EYES LATCHED into mine. I felt my body leaning into him as his breath started an inexplicable dance inside my body. My eyes moved to his lips. They are full, soft, and invitingly red. I bit my lip without realizing it as I imagined the taste of his lips on mine.

My fingers slowly traced the muscles on his arm as my other hand gently pressed to his chest. His hands were unstoppable. Yet his touch was gentle and full of heat. There was no denying our bodies felt the same passion.

Our eyes spoke the same desire. All the fears and doubts I felt days prior were gone. My body craved Art's touch. If anyone of us were having second thoughts about the moment, all pent-up emotions and lust kept for years removed them all. There was no turning back.

Without saying a word, Art and I knew any ounce of control left in our bodies would never win. Nor any inch of objectivity will matter. The moment was a turning moment. He was mine, and I am his. Our bodies became one.

***

Art's hand slid up between my thighs. His tongue raced mine. When his fingers reached my heated

"Earth to Shelly!" Avery snapped her fingers in front of my face. When my eyes met hers, she was grinning from ear to ear. "That good, huh?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." I pouted my lips and looked away. "I was trying to memorize my notes." I shoved the lecture notes I was holding on her chest.

Avery laughed so hard. She covered her mouth as her other hand pressed on her stomach.

"You know I'm not that stupid! By the looks of it, you, my friend, were about to have an orgasm in silence."

A warm sensation trickled down my cheeks. Then, with no other excuse, I plastered the paper I was holding on her face. "You, Avery Jackson, are so pervy!"

"Me? Pervy?" Avery's eyes widened. "Let's both look in a mirror and check whose face was drooling and oozing with sexual desire. Then we decide what pervy looks like."

I shook my head and bowed down. I wanted to hide my face because she spoke the truth. And I can't look at her.

Avery smacked my shoulder. "Are you getting shy with me? I've been waiting for you to spill the beans for a week. Please!" Her hands were in prayer.

I gestured, zipping my mouth. "I don't kiss and tell!"

"Kiss and tell my foot!" Avery started tickling my sides. I stood up and ran away, but she followed me around.

I raised my hands. "Stop! I give up." I walked to the massage chair and sat as I caught my breath.

Avery sat on the floor facing me. "Please, Shells! Just tell me the gist of it. Was it like how you imagined?"

When I looked at Avery's sparkling eyes, I saw my childhood best friend who hadn't changed. She was still a hopeless romantic at nineteen. But, though she hadn't been in a romantic relationship, she was and always will be Art and mine's biggest supporter.

"And let me remind you, I feigned sickness, so you guys get your alone time." My best friend started wiping her fake tears. "If not for me...."

"I know." I nodded. "We owe it to you and your brilliant mind."

She bowed her head and blew me a kiss. "You are welcome, my friend! But tell me. Was he gentle?"

"He was a dream. It was better than I imagined."

Our naked bodies closed together, creating a heat that could have melted a rock. The drugging sensation of Art's touch on different parts of my body kindled a strange, terrible, and needy ache deep within me.

"Triple OMG! It was so unforgettable that you imagine everything you guys did daily." Avery's mouth stayed open. Her eyes didn't leave mine.

I nodded multiple times. I flashed the widest smile I could ever give.

"We were each other's first."

Avery's eyes glistened. "I'm so happy for you, Shells. I wish I find my Art too. But I'm not in a hurry. I'm willing to wait. You guys will be my role models. So when my time comes, I'm ready for everything coming my way."

I lifted Avery's chin. "You will have someone for sure. A princess like you deserves a prince."

"You're so sweet. But enough of me! If you were each other's first, how did it go?"

I shook my head. "You promised to get only the gist of the story. No details. What happened between us is so special we want to keep it to ourselves."

Avery rolled her eyes at me. "You're so boring. How would I learn if you won't give me details."

"Na ah. That's all you can get from me. I'm sure you wouldn't want to share the intimate details with anyone when you get your moment."

"I don't know." Avery shrugged. "But I trust you with my life. I might tell you the details when it's my time."

"Well, I don't want to hear any details of your sex life in the future. So you can keep it to yourself."

"Okay, then, no details on yours. I have one last question." Avery signed a cross on her heart.

I nodded. "Go ahead. Last question."

"Was he as big as you imagined? If yes, how did he fit in?"

In a flash, my best friend was out of my sight. She ran into the bathroom and locked herself inside. I was left stunned. But thinking about her question made me dreamy. I wish my boyfriend were here to make my daydream come true.

But as Art promised, he made it the reality that we see each other every weekend, however, demanding and challenging our schedules were.

Since Art had been a constant in my life, Avery offered to convert our study room into her bedroom. From then on, whenever Art came for the weekend, we spent the night together in my bedroom.

One secret we three kept from our parents.

***