1 - "Who is this?"

"Kyle" Sheila called out. "Me and your dad have something to tell you! Ike already knows." She added as Kyle came towards them. "What is it mom?" Kyle asked, sitting down and putting his cup of tea on the table. His mom looked at his dad and nodded. "We are moving."

Yesterday my mom told me we were going to move. I didn't expect it at all. Apparently, my dad thinks we should move away from the city and my mom found a better job. At first I thought we were gonna go up north, close to Liverpool or something. That is when my mom broke the real news. We weren't staying in the United Kingdom, we weren't even staying in Europe. My parents wanted to move to the United States of America. Shocked, I almost dropped my cup of tea.

They found a town, high up in the mountains. Cozy as my mom described it. I would attend South Park high. The town needed a lawyer, so my dad easily found a job. My mom, who is currently an activist, managed to get herself into accounting. I was proud, but I still have my doubts. Leaving everything behind to move to... South Park? I had never heard of that place before, neither did any of my friends.

I would go to a new school, get a new room and I would have to make new friends. That last thing is the one I despised the most. Growing up I never really had good social skills. I would just sit somewhere and hope that someone approached me. Lucky for me it happened enough times for me and now I have a nice friend group.

I had to leave them behind too. My friends, memories and everything! It was honestly terrifying. I would miss my friends so much, Arthur, Alex and Sean. They would miss me too!

Thinking about my friends I realised I didn't have everyone's phone number. Yeah, we chatted via various gaming apps, but I wanted their phone numbers too now! Talking face-to-face is the main form of contact in our group. Every day after school we meet up and spend hours together, sometimes til late at night. Chatting was only done when necessary. Of course I didn't have their phone numbers.

I realised, I had to get them now. "Mom, I'm going to head to Arthur's!" I shouted grabbing my white jacket. "Sure bubby! Don't stay too late though okay?" my mom replied. I shouted another yes as I tied my sneakers. I wondered if I could still wear these clothes in this so-called South Park.

I ran as fast as I could to Arthur's house. I knew that Alex and Sean were there too, they were playing some kind of game I didn't like. Which is also why I didn't come. The weather was bad, rain trailed down my face. I used this as motivation to run even harder.

Arriving there I was already drenched, despite having ran so fast. Alex surprised opened the door. "Kyle? Why are you here?" Alex asked, letting me quickly. My entrance also caught the attention of Arthur and Sean, who were sitting on the red couch. "Big news." I muttered out of breath.

They sat me down and gathered around me. "What happened? Did a girl ask you out?" Arthur playfully pushed Kyle. "Bloke no!" Kyle laughed first but said then; "This is serious!" Sean and Alex raised an eyebrow. "I am... moving." I sadly broke the news, looking down.

"What? Seriously? When, where?" My 3 friends immediately began asking questions, to which I calmly answered. They looked destroyed after a 10 minute during interview. I could see Sean fighting tears. Arthur didn't even look at me, he was watching the raindrops slide down the window.

"I... will miss you?" Sean hesitantly confessed. He couldn't fight the back the tears any longer and it rolled down his cheek. It broke my heart seeing my friends like this. Instantly I stood up to hug Sean. "We will stay in touch bro." I comforted, patting his back. Alex didn't hesitate to join our hug and it turned into a group hug when Arthur joined too.

"That is why I need your phone numbers. We can text and call." I pulled away from the hug. My friends understandingly nodded. "You promise to call us a lot, right?" Sean's voice shook. "I promise."