18- Almost

-~- (Stan's POV)

5 more days. This is the address right? I glance at the house in front of me. A toned down green, not any special in shape. This is where Kyle was going to live. This is... like a block away from my house.

"Yeah, you have to be right. Look! It says 'sold'!" Kenny points at the board stuck on a window. "Holy shit, that makes this all even more real!" I grin. I never really took a second look at this house. I never cared about it, not like I had to anyway. However only now I'm noticing the small perfections of this dumb building.

"Sick dude, but come on, let's go." Kenny says, turning to me. "One minute." Kenny rolls his eyes and walks away. I stand still glancing at the house. I was looking at it like it was some museum.

I could be entering this house soon. I can already see myself doing that. Walking over that pathway... to the front door... it opening to whatever lays behind it. "Dude! You look like you're in love with that house!" Kenny teases from across the street. "Seriously! Come on man, we have to go to school now!" Kenny yells, tone having changed. "Right right, sorry!" I stutter, sprinting towards Kenny.

We began walking towards school. We purposely missed the school bus just so we could take a look at Kyle's future house. Missing the bus isn't a problem for us anyway, this place is too small for it to be one. To the point I begin to wonder why our school doesn't just promote walking to school instead of having to pay for a bus driver. I mean, it's nice on certain snowy days. Yet it's still odd.

"Did Kyle send any new pictures?" Kenny questioned. "Oh! Yes, a picture of his brother, and a thumbs up." I chuckle. "Have I mentioned how smooth his hands are?! They're actually flawless!" I shoot into a rant. "Woah calm down there dude, I don't want to hear your lovely rant about how amazing your crush is." My friend interrupts while laughing. "Whatever." I pout.

"So, do you have any plans on welcoming him here yet?" Kenny questions. "Good question, I'm not sure what to do exactly." I look into the distance trying to come up with an idea. It's hard to think of something. Nothing seems good enough for him. "Have you considered hosting a surprise welcome party at their house?" Kenny suggests. "I could, but I don't want to surprise them with an evening full of socializing while they have to unpack a lot and get ready for school and work the next day." I explain. Considering that, nothing works! They need to rest but I also can't just not welcome them. How do I fit everything into nothing?

"Then, just you and our friends? How does that sound?" Kenny adjusts his idea. "A party with just you, Butters, Jimmy and me?" I ask. "And a few others for welcoming. They can leave right after." Kenny adds. I nod in agreement. Honestly, that wasn't a bad idea.

"So we get everyone together at, somewhere, and then we'll welcome them. Then we stay behind and talk with them." I repeat. "Yeah sure, where should we stand. Their house? By the road?" I shrug. By the road is fun because they already get welcomed at the moment they enter South Park, but there's more place by their house. "What do you think is a better idea?" I ask. "They both have a good and bad side I suppose." Kenny chuckled.

"Do we make a sign? Like, welcome Kyle!" I emphasize. "More like, welcome hot boyfriend!" Kenny changed my idea. I pushed him away. "Fuck off!" I mumbled with a smile.

"Let's ask our friends' thoughts and then decide." I conclude. "Sure." Kenny nods and we continue to walk to school.

-~- (Kyle's POV)

I type in the last few words. Finally that English assignment was done. Stupid writing, stupid language. I sigh. "Kyle, are you coming?" Alex says as he put his hand on my shoulder. I turn my head. "Yeah, just a moment." I confirm and quickly shut off my laptop and shove it in my bag.