13 - The spot

-~- (Stan's POV)

"I am just going over to Kenny's for a while!" I announce to my mom. "Sure sweetie, but do you really need that huge backpack?" She points at the stuff I prepared.

"Eh, yes, we are uh, hm, ehh, I don't know Kenny just, eh, hm, wait, yeah Kenny just told us to bring a bunch of stuff without a reason." I nodded awkwardly. I couldn't believe I was this bad at lying.

"Alright then..." my mom was unconvinced but let it slip. Getting her approval I instantly hurried over to Kenny's house.

Me meeting with Kenny at Kenny's house wasn't a lie, it was just that we weren't going to play boardgames in his room.

Not even close, we were going on a little hike.

Arriving at Kenny's house I could already see Butters there. We also invited Cartman and Jimmy, but they turned down as Cartman was too weak (because he's fat) and Jimmy had a hard time on the trail because of his physical situation. That left the three of us, Kenny Butters and me. That was more than fine to me knowing that I wouldn't have to listen to Cartman's comments.

"Butters you said you've done this trail before?" I asked on arrival. "Yes! I know exactly where that spot you showed me is." Butters excitedly exclaimed.

"Great. Did you both prepare?" Kenny looks at our backpacks. "Of course." We answer at the same time. "Well then fellas, what are we waiting for? Let's go!" Butters jumped up like a little kid.

-~- (Kyle's POV)

Saturday evening would be simple. Usually I'd be studying if not hanging out with my three friends. Sometimes my mother would have our family watch a movie together. My dad would get popcorn. My brother always reacted ecstatic seeing my dad bring in the popcorn.

I want another movie night like that right now. But with the entire moving, this Saturday was well spent cleaning out the house. We had the first things already stuffed into boxes. The ocean blue carpet on our living room floor was neatly rolled up and stood in the corner in the room along with the boxes.

And I was exhausted. I decided that today I'd help clean the mess in the attic. So many memories were stuffed up in little boxes and I spent a good hour on only looking at the pictures. That quickly ended when my mom came up and ordered me to hurry up.

There was so much stuff scattered everywhere. All sorts of things were tangled, sometimes a piece of something was missing and I would have to search for the missing piece. I gave up 3 out of 4 times.

Before I even knew it it was evening and my dad, tired too, ordered pizza. We had a big conversation at the dinner table. Recalling memories we got reminded of during our clean up. I especially spoke the most, of course I was the one clearing out the attic after all. Our attic served as a chaotic little museum. Perhaps so chaotic nobody ever came to check memories, only to add.

Now dinner was finished, all 4 of us are tired and we're gonna continue tomorrow. Except for me, I got the option to study or clean tomorrow. Obviously without hesitation I chose to study.

This time felt like an ideal moment to text Stan. I haven't spoken to him the entire day! It felt like eternity. Every time I rediscovered a memory up in the attic I thought of Stan. It was weird, why would it remind me of him even though he wasn't related to it in any way? Figured it's likely because I can't get him out of my head and I really want to tell him everything.

Why the postponing Kyle? I asked myself. I dragged my body and I fell down to my couch. Fully sinking into the green pillows.

Kyle: I just spent the entire day cleaning up my house :,(
Kyle: im EXHAUSTED
Kyle: how are you?? What are you going to do today, or are you doing. It's 1 for you right?