16 - Approaching

-~- (Kyle's POV)

"And this is the place where we met." Alex says, pointing to a table. The table stands in a nearby park. A stupid park which I didn't like at the time. Because of some reason we had to have gym class outside. Not on a field, but on this park. It was there where I first spoke to them. We were bored out of our minds with the sport we had to play that day. So I huddled up in a corner (that table) leaving me to my thoughts, until Alex came up to me.

Then I don't remember how it happened and how long it took, but we became the best of the best friends ever. And now with all recent stuff happening, I never felt closer to them than ever.

And I was moving away.

10 days left.

I gulped. "I'll miss it." I whisper, sliding my hand across it. "I'll, no, we'll miss you Kyle." Alex said from behind me. I smile not turning around.

Even though I had so much trust in Stan and all his friends he described to the point I almost knew them personally. It was scary, terrifying even. How long will it take me to fully settle in a place I have never been before? In a place that's nothing like my house now, my home.

"Hey, let's go to the mall one more last time and play our little game!" Arthur suggests. All four of us light up. "Hell yeah!" Sean exclaims.

Before I knew it, we were at the mall again. This might be the last time I'll ever be here. I look around, trying to take note of as much as possible. I did not want to forget this place at all. "Okay, Sean I dare you to find a... large green rubber duck." Arthur begins. Sean nods and tells Alex to find a 20XL pink shirt. Then Alex turns to me. "I dare you to uh... oh! Ooh, yeah, I dare you to find the perfect gift for your little boyfriend." He teases as he grins.

"Ah mate come on!" I playfully punch him. "Yes! Do that!" Sean joins in. "Fine! I will!" I stand up fanatically. "Oh and Arthur, find a ball advertised with chickens!" I smirk as I see his defeated face. How ridiculous is this game, I love it.

Then we began. At least, my friends began. I stood there, by the fountain, not knowing where to go. What was the perfect gift? I turn to my left. A giftshop? Here? In a mall? Seriously? I turn to my right. Flowers. Good classic, but not perfect.

I go up to the first floor using the escalator. The perfect gift... a perfect gift is a gift made with love. Care, attention and not necessarily money. It's about the thought. How can I find the perfect gift in a store? The best ones are obviously handmade, handmade gifts are not only romantic, but genuine and sweet.

I glance around. So many clothing stores... not much I'd find here, up another floor we go. Third floor I look around. Again, not much potential.

I stroll around the third floor scanning the shops. But again, nothing felt like the perfect gift.

That's when something catches my eye. A photo booth, even letting clients use little costumes for free. I faintly blush. All potential handmade gifts would be made by me. So technically I am the perfect gift.

I sprint as fast as I can downstairs, afraid of a line forming. Thankfully it was just as empty when I arrived. I hopped in. What do we have... silly glasses, wigs, a hotdog costume? Love it.

I take the hotdog costume and notice that it's a little too big, but I could pull it off anyways. I get into the costume as fast as I can inside the booth. I pose for a few pictures, the flash blinding my eyes each time.

During it all I laughed so hard. When I saw the pictures I already had favorites. There was one where I sat in the corner of the picture curled up laughing. In a hotdog costume. Bloody awesome.