24 - Awkward

-~- (Kyle's POV)

Sure I have done many things that embarrassed me. However, nothing on this scale. Even worse, no friends to lean onto. Nobody here, except my parents and Ike, knows I have a crush. And like this, that won't last long. This takes away all the embarrassment from barely understanding that Kenny guy just now.

"I mean, well yes." I tried taking it back but there's no use. If I took that back it'd be mean. I can't do that. I can't lie either. A bunch of people burst into laughter and I awkwardly mumbled an apology. "Thank you?" Stan replied obviously shocked. Followed by a whisper "Could say the same about you." My heart skipped a beat upon hearing that and I turned my head right back to him. He had a stupid childish grin that immediately melt my heart.

I flung my arms around him while laughing. We hugged for a while. Being in his arms made me feel things I didn't even know you can feel. Every part that came in contact with Stan felt blessed. All the spots his hands went on my back were declared holy upon his touch. Pulling him in between my arms felt so dared however so natural. My heart was flipping out over it to say the least.

I never wanted to let go. Snuggling my face between his neck and shoulder. This touch... it felt even better than a dream. I want to feel like this every day, every second of my life.

The hug lasted a few second before we both backed off. "Welcome in South Park." Stan announced holding his arms up. A few people around us cheered. I felt so happy and so in love, I forgot about my parents.

"Kyle! Will you take your suitcase?" My mom exclaimed. Without taking my eyes off Stan I replied: "Oh right! I will!" I smiled at Stan a few more seconds before hurrying to the back of the car.

As I walked back to everyone with the suitcase next to me I got introduced to everyone. There were many names to learn. First I got to know Stan's friends and they were just like how I imagined them. Then I met about the entire teenage population of this place. I took multiple mental notes on how to remember everyone's names. I was never received by this many people before and it made me feel so loved.

All the people I met seemed genuinely interested into getting to know me. Some were giddy, others were amazed. One exception, which was reasonable and 'not a surprise' according to Stan. Also the guy who went by the nickname 'fatass'. The interaction was brief and really unpleasant.

"I'm Eric, but everyone calls me Cartman." He introduced himself making it obvious he wanted to be somewhere else. It angered me. "I thought everyone called you fatass." I answered. Stan broke down laughing, just like anyone did who heard it. Cartman wasn't exactly happy with me. "Ay! I'll make you pay! You... uh... I'll find something! Ginger!" He rambled annoyed, clenching his fists. For once, I laughed it off. If Stan didn't like this guy, there was no reason for me to.

"Sure sure." I chuckled. Cartman stormed off. Stan had said afterwards that my reply was quote 'literally perfect' and 'the best thing I have ever heard'. He wasn't the only one who adored that interaction. I could already see a lot more approving looks on people. Seemingly, I got a great reputation in seconds. What can I say? First impression is important.

After getting to know all my classmates I really had to get back to moving items inside and unpacking. Stan and his friends Kenny, Jimmy and Butters offered to stay. I agreed more than happy.

The door was open and the crowd in front of my house was shrinking quickly. I stepped inside met with a whole new living room. I gasped at the new sight. The house had enough furniture included. There was a couch that was well used in the middle. The walls were a pretty aqua and a green carpet was the floor. There were brown stairs leading upstairs.