15 - Closure

-~- (Stan's POV)

"Stanley!" My mom shouts from downstairs. I jump up as I hear my full name. What now? "Yes mom..?" I yell back reluctantly. "Your friend Butters is here!" She replied loudly. I sigh in relief and rush downstairs.

Butters? Why was he here? He didn't mention coming over to my house today, especially not since I just saw him at the flower shop he works at. "Dude? What's up?" I ask, leaning against the doorframe. Butters sulks, averting his eyes down.

"I came here right after my shift. I have to apologize." He tells sadly not looking up once. I raise an eyebrow. Apologize? For what?

"Huh?" I react. "You know, for... outing you?" Butters looks up now, surprised a little. "Ooh, that. No it's okay." I shrug. He came here to apologize just for that?

"No it's not! You trusted me and Kenny with that information and then I... forced you to tell Jimmy without asking! I'm so sorry Stan!" Butters exclaims. I widen my eyes, shushing him. "Woah Butters, calm down. It's alright really, besides I never told you to keep it secret." I recall.

"Does that really matter? You don't go around telling everyone sensitive information like that." He saddens, looking away as he runs his hand through his own hair. I pause staring at the boy filled with guilt in front of me. "One, we only told Jimmy, our friend, and not everyone. 2, it's not that sensitive to me, really." I say.

Butters seemed to light up for a second before returning to his previous state of emotion. "It was wrong of me to do that anyway." He apologizes. I wasn't sure what to say anymore. Helplessly, I opened my arms and hugged him. Butters softly hugged back. "If that's so, I still forgive you. Don't worry about it dude." I tell him, patting his head before pulling away from the hug.

Butters was now smiling relieved. "You know... can I tell you something? It has to do with why I outed you." He suddenly mentions. "Stop saying outed, it's fine, just say 'helped me with telling Jimmy', alright?" I confront before telling him he can tell me anything.

"It's a... long story." He seemed awkward. I took a deep breath and invited him inside. If it was going to be like this I did definitely not want to do this by the door. Preferably, on my awesome couch, perfect for confessions like these.

I let myself sink in the softness of the couch. Leaning all the way backwards and snuggling my head as deep as I could into the cushion. Butters was doing the exact opposite. He supported his heads with his arms that stiffly stood on his knees. He leaned forward and avoided every eye contact possible.

"Eh, remember the guy I told you about?" Butters starts. "Bradley?" "Yeah that one." Butters sighs. The ultimate sign of 'there's a lot coming'.

"I thought I was getting over him over the years. But lately I realized I never recovered, not even a single bit. It hit like a train, I was confused and, well obviously still hurt. Im more desperate than ever to see him and to... you know... but I can't! I've been so stressed I haven't been thinking about what I have been doing and well that's why your out- I mean, 'helping you tell Jimmy' happened." He ranted. Speaking words quickly after each other, seemingly wanting it be over as fast as possible.

I'm unsure of what to say, again. I sit up, swinging my left arm around him comfortingly. Telling him that it's okay to feel that way and that it'll be better and that im there for him. Trying my best to not be cheesy or mean.

"Thanks Stan... I'm glad you... understand." Butters had tears in his eyes now. Upon noticing I hugged him closer. "I'll help you with whatever you need." I whisper as Butters starts to cry.

I adjust my position so I sit more comfortably. Knowing that this will take a while.

-~- (Kyle's POV)