i.n ~ i'd marry you with paper rings (short)

You and Jeongin sit on a bench outside of school, the day just ending. He holds your hand in his as you both sit in silence.

"Why won't you talk?" you ask. He just keeps people watching. "Jeongin?" you say, trying to get his attention. He finally turns to face you. His glasses tilted to one side, you fix them, making him blush lightly.

"I really like you YN. Your like, super pretty."
You smile, pushing a braid behind your ear.
"Stop it, your prettier. I'm extremely not pretty, at all. The girls in class know."
He wraps his arms around your arms. "Their words don't mean anything to me YN. Your pretty, they are jealous. Your pretty as hell."

You smile huge, and kiss him on the cheek. "Thank you Innie."
He pulled something from his pocket. "Ey, you know the song Paper Rings?"
And it's two cardboard rings made from a shipping box. Both with the writing "Y + J."
"Thanks, and yes. I am such a huge Swiftie."

He kissed you, happy that you liked his kind-of-shitty gift. He gets up, taking your hand.

"The 7-11 has some soda's and we can get snacks...you up for it?"

"Raiding a Seven-Eleven? Oh hell yeah!" He runs across the street (and almost getting hit by a car in the process.) and you laugh hard.

"Watch where your going, sly fox!

"You too, dumb bunny!" He says back, your guys's inside joke you made when you were in middle school.

You loved Jeongin, you really did. His little dumb smile, stupid antics that always ended in a visit to the Principal and, well..he was handsome. But he cared about you, like maybe too much. His smile was really cute, his sweaters smelled of rosemary and his families garden of roses; the best and your favorite smell.

His dumb handwriting, with its uneven lines and messy punctuation. But it was your boys handwriting. And you would't change it for the world.

The aisles of the store, soda after soda. Snack after snack, but that didn't matter. You were in love with this goofball. You actually found him really cute, and he thought the same.

"C'mon YN, it's really hot in here."
You both talk as your walking to his house. "Wanna play a game? I got my switch fixed." He says, eating the last piece of the candy he bought. "Nope, can't. I have to do work."
"Awwww, your such a downer!" he says whiny.

"Fine, one game, I can really kick ass in Mario cart!"

He laughs. "Hah! You wish! Race 'ya to the door?"

"Yeah, but you'll have to catch me first!"

"My paper ring husband." you thought. "I just married this dumbass with paper rings."