Chapter Two

Willa's P.O.V.

After the little kissing dare we went back inside and ate dinner. I went home immediately after. I walked past my mom asking me how my day was and went straight into my room. I laid down on my bed and fell into a restless sleep.

I woke up to my alarm playing It's Time by Imagine Dragons. I got up and put on this-polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=67319407 I straightened my hair and put on a little bit of make-up. I went downstairs and grabbed a plate with a pancake on it.

"Mornin' sunshine." Jackson teased. He knows I'm not a morning person.

"Screw you." I said.

"Young lady don't talk like that!" My mom said.

"Sorry." I mumbled. Jackson snickered and I glared at him. "Shouldn't you be at college?" I asked him.

"We've got the week off." He replied.

"Why?"

"I don't know. I don't pay that much attention." We both laughed and mom glared at both of us.

"Well, bye!" I yelled.

"Bye honey!" dad yelled from his study.

I walked out the door, car keys in hand. I drove to school listening to My Chemical Romance. There song Teenagers always makes me laugh a bit. I parked my car and walked into the school. I immediately found Misty at her locker wearing this- polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=67321962

"Hey there beautiful." I said. She turned towards me and smiled.

"Hey Willa!" She said.

"I gotta go down to the office now but I'll see you first period. K?"

"Okay, why the office?"

"Because yesterday you said you'd make sure I didn't get caught sleeping in class but I did!"

"Oh...Sorry..."

"Whatever. See ya in first!"

I walked into the office and sat down next to someone. I wasn't really looking, I just sat.

"Hey! It's you!" someone said.

I looked over and saw the beautiful girl I had kissed yesterday.

"Hey! Oh... yeah...sorry 'bout that..." I said.

"It's okay... just what was that about?" she asked.

"Oh. I was playing truth or dare with two of my friends and one of 'em told me to go outside and kiss the first person I saw... that's where you came in."

"Well that makes sense... I mean it was truth or dare, that's pretty life or death." She joked. We both laughed a bit.

"So what are you doing here?" I asked.

"I just moved here and this is gonna be my new school."

"Well I give you a warm welcome, no promises anyone else will though." We both laughed some more and then the principal, Mr. Carlson, came into the room.

"Miss Mathews?" he called.

The girl next to me stood up and walked off with him. Miss Mathews... what a pretty last name. Wait, what am I thinking? Mr. Carlson came back into the room and said "Miss Violett."

I walked over to him and said "You can just call me Willa."

"Well you're in here often enough."

I smiled even though he didn't. I went into his office and he gave me the good old 'don't sleep in class' speech. When he was done I got up and headed off to first period. I took my seat and noticed the seat next to me was no longer empty like it has been for the whole year. I looked over and saw that, who I only know as, Miss Mathews was there. I smiled at her and she smiled back.

"I never did catch your name." I stated.

She smiled and said "Alice. Yours?"

"Willa."

We smiled at each other then went back to work. We had been handed a math packet with a variety of problems, half of them I didn't understand. I guess Alice had seen how dumbfounded I was because she asked me if I needed help. The bell rang and everyone rushed on to their next class. Me and Alice were a bit slow though.

"Want to come over to my house afterschool? You seem as though you understand this stuff." I said, gesturing towards the math packet.

"Sure, what's your address?" she asked.

I pulled out a piece of paper and wrote it down.

"Oak Burrow Lane? That's where I just moved to."

"Really? Did you just buy the tan house with the white picket fence in front?"

"Yeah."

"Cool, I guess we're next door neighbors."

We walked out the door together and found out we had the next class together too. We grouped up on a science project that we had to get done by next week. After a few more classes together, we went to lunch. I invited her to join Misty, Kingston, and me. We sat down and I introduced her to them.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Kingston." He said in his flirty voice. You're not getting her, I thought. Whoa, why did I just think that?

"I'm Misty." She said that in her seductive voice too. Why does everyone want to take Alice away from me? Again with the crazy thoughts.

School ended not long after that and I became great friends with Alice. She seems to like just about everything that I do! Maybe, I thought, maybe I'm falling for this girl.