Chapter Eleven

Kingston's P.O.V.

Thankfully, they had canceled school yesterday for the dance and now they've canceled it today to clean up from the dance. It's Friday and I am stuck being alone. Misty is probably with Chelsea, Willa is with Alice, and even Jackson has Chance. I have no one to hang out with this weekend. All I can think about was that girl I met yesterday. Everything about her was beautiful, right down to her name- Grace. I decided I might as well go out and do something so I went to the mall to go walk around the comic/game store- ComiGames. I was walking around when I bumped into someone.

"Sorry." They mumbled. I was about to say sorry to but when I looked up to see a face I didn't expect to see so soon I lost my train of thought. My jaw dropped a bit and so did Grace's.

"Oh, h-hey Grace." I said while stuttering just a bit.

"Hello Kingston." She said. I looked around then back at her.

"So are you a fellow comic nerd or a gamer?" I asked.

She stifled a laugh and said, "Both." I smiled at her and we walked down another aisle together. She stopped and looked at one of my favorite comics.

"You like Batman?" I asked.

"Of course. Why wouldn't someone?" she said while smiling.

I smiled to and said, "I have no idea." We walked through the store and looked at random things and talked. I found out that she wasn't just a flirty, beautiful girl. but also a complete nerd. I think I'm really starting to like this girl.

 Grace's P.O.V.

I was just walking around this cool store called ComiGames when I bumped into someone. I mumbled sorry and looked up to see Kingston. We ended up walking around and talking with each other. Not only is he hot, nice, funny guy, but also a complete nerd. I am really liking this guy.

We walked out of the store, me with a new Batman comic and Kingston with some Joker vs. Batman Xbox game.

"Well I should probably head home." I said, even though it was only 2 o'clock in the afternoon.

"Why don't you come to my house? We could play this new Batman game I've got, you did say you liked him." He had a good point, I REALLY like Batman.

"Ok." I said and smiled. He smiled back and I felt butterflies in my stomach. This is new because I am usually the flirty one and I never feel like this just over a boy. I realized I was blushing and I looked away.

"Your cute when you blush." He said which just caused me to blush more. He laughed a bit and we walked to his house. Turns out he doesn't live very far away from me; I'm on like the next street over. We walked into his house and he called out.

"Dad? You there?" he yelled.

No answer.

He shrugged and led me to his room. It was covered in all things comic and Xbox. He had game informer magazines thrown on a chair and posters on the wall and one cool looking guitar in the corner. I pointed at it and asked, "You play?"

"Mmhm." He said and picked it up. He started playing some song that I presume was by one of the bands on his posters.

He sat it back down and I said, "Very nice." He smiled at me and I smiled back.

We looked at each other for a moment and then he leaned in and so did I. I felt a pair of soft lips on mine and sparks. It only lasted a second and then he pulled away.

"Sorry, just kinda got caught up in the moment." He said.

"I didn't say that I didn't enjoy it." I said. He smiled and kissed me again, this time for a bit longer. We would have continued kissing when we heard the front door open and close.

"King, I'm home!" A man yelled.

"My dad." Kingston said to me. "I'm in my room!" he yelled to his dad.

I large man opened the door and looked in. he looked at me and stopped.

"Hello." He said kindly.

"Hi." I said and smiled. He smiled back and looked over at Kingston. "You didn't say you'd have a pretty girl over." He said.

"Dad-" Kingston started but his dad cut him off.

"Oh just hush and talk to your pretty girl. I'll be going to the living room now, King." He said and walked off. Kingston looked over at me and smiled and I felt those same butterflies. I looked at my phone and cursed quietly.

"Sorry, I've got to go." I said and Kingston looked a little sad.

"Alright." He said and I started walking towards his door but he grabbed my arm.

"Be my girlfriend?" he asked.

I smiled and said, "Of course, King." I said jokingly using the nickname his dad called him. He smiled and let me go. I walked home with the biggest grin on my face.