Chapter Twenty-One

Alice's P.O.V.

"I'll go." Willa said, "Well Alice and Kingston already know so I'll just say a shortened version for you Grace. I grew up being taught that religion was all you ever needed and that you must abide by it. I met Alice and I realized that I wanted more than just friendship, which makes me gay. While my gay brother told our parents about his engagement with this guy that you will inevitably meet, my parents freaked. I slipped up and told them about me and Alice and we all got thrown out. I lived with my brother's fiancés mother for a while then he got a house and Alice and I moved into it with my brother and him. That's really all I guess."

"Wow. I had just figured that your parents always knew and accepted you, I mean, you're always so happy." Grace said.

"Not exactly. I am just happy because I have such an amazing girlfriend." Willa said.

"Aww!" I said and kissed her on the cheek. "My turn then. Well my father has always been an alcoholic but it got terribly worst when my mother died. When that happened, my sister stopped talking and resorted to drugs and beer, and my dad became a raging alcoholic that liked breaking things when he was angry, many times what he broke was a beer bottle over my head. When I moved here I first met Willa and became her friend, then girlfriend. When I accidentally told my dad and sister, he got really mad. My sister did nothing. I left that house and lived, and still do, where ever Willa lives. My sister visited me and is still making things right for neglecting me when our mother died. Things are pretty great with her now, she visits quite often."

"I wouldn't have guessed that your life was so horrible." Grace said with a tear in her eye.

"Oh now don't cry for me. Things are alright now. I've got my girlfriend, you guys, and my sister." I said.

Grace grabbed me and pulled me into a hug.

"I admire you. With all that you still smile every day." She said.

"My turn?" Kingston asked. We all nodded and he sighed.

"Alright. Well mine isn't bad compared to theirs. Let's see, I guess I should start with my mom. She and my dad divorced when I was 8. She had apparently been cheating on my dad with her intern for about a year and a half. She ran off with him and left us in the dust. She mailed the divorce papers to my father and in it she clearly stated that she did not want me. So, now I live in this same old house with my dad." He said.

"Why doesn't anyone have a happy life story?" Grace asked.

We all laughed a bit and then Grace sighed.

"I guess I'm up."

~Switching to Grace's P.O.V. ~

"Well let's start off with saying that I don't have a clue as to who my biological parents are. I was dropped off at a church when I was a baby and a nun there took care of me. She was only 19 when she got me. She said that she knew when she first saw me look at her that she didn't ever want to give me up. She legally adopted me and I have been with her ever since. She is the wonderful woman I call mom. After taking on the task of raising me, she had no time for romance, which means I don't have anyone to call dad, which is fine by me. It has just been the two of us and I love her dearly. I have someone I call grandpa though. He is the pastor of the church that I was given to and is my mom's dad. He fully supported her when she decided to keep me. Things were great and I loved my church and everyone up until I was about 12. When I was 12 I had my first love... with a girl. Shocker I know, I am bisexual. Kingston knows of course. When I told my mom about my girlfriend she was scared. She loved me but she was afraid of what the church would say. We announced it to me grandpa and then the church. Grandpa loves me but the church I no longer have. They told me to leave along with my mom and grandpa. We left and now we just kinda have our own little church at home on Sundays. I guess that's all about me then." I said.

I looked around and Willa and Alice just stared at me, dumfounded.

"Your moms a nun and your grandpas a preacher?" Alice asked.

"Yep. They said that they never really cared about whether a person was gay or straight, unlike the church." I said.

"Man, I'd love to have a family as accepting as yours." Willa said.

"Yeah my families pretty amazing." I said.

"You've never wondered who your real parents are?" Alice asked.

"Nope. They obviously weren't ready for a baby so they gave me to the church. I'm not going to search for some people that gave me up in the first place, especially when I have a wonderful family like I do now." I said.

"I think what's most surprising is the fact that your bisexual. I never would have guessed." Willa said.

"So who was this infamous love?" Alice asked.

"Oh, I don't remember. A Jayda or a Jaycee or something. I'm not sure." I said.

"What was the town called that you used to live in?" Alice asked.

"Summermen. It's a beautiful place in California." I said.

"Cool!" Alice said.

The day went on and we talked and talked about more and more things. At around 8 or 9 Willa, Alice, and I went home. I drove my own car so I gave them a lift. I think that they may be the best friends I've ever had.