Chapter Fourteen

Alice's P.O.V.

I walked into my house and saw my dad sitting in the same spot he always has with beer bottles everywhere. It's sad to say that this is not a new sight to me. I walked over to him and Willa followed, obviously trying not to puke from the smells.

"Dad?" I asked. He looked up to me and scowled.

"What?" he asked.

"I just thought that you might want to know where I've been. You know, to at least keep you informed on where I am." I told him.

"Great then where have you been?" he asked sarcastically and a tad bit mad.

"With my friend Willa." He looked over at her and nodded.

"Okay then. Goodbye." He said and took another sip of beer. I turned to Willa and she looked a bit shocked at his reaction. Guess she didn't believe when I said he truly doesn't care.

"See. He doesn't care so let's just leave." I whispered to her.

"No." she said.

"No." she repeated louder that way my dad and Lizzy could hear. "No you can't just act that way towards your own daughter." She yelled at my dad. He stood up and faced her.

"Why not?" he asked.

"Because she's your fucking daughter! Doesn't that matter to you?" She yelled.

"No." he replied honestly. "All that matters is that some little whore here is standing in front of me yelling at me like a true bitch."

"Don't call her a whore or a bitch!" I yelled. He looked at me with a glare.

"Why shouldn't I?" he asked. I was really pissed now and I couldn't control myself from saying the worst possible things at this situation.

"Because she's my girlfriend!" I yelled.

Suddenly, I felt a burning pain on my cheek and realized that my dad had hit me. A tear left my eye and I turned to walk out. Lizzy just sat by the door with some other type of alcoholic beverage in hand. I walked past her and sprinted out of the driveway with Willa following me.

I ran and found myself running towards the park. I sat down on a bench and hid my face and cried. Willa sat next to me and pulled me into a hug. It was dark out so nobody was at the park. My sobs turned into sniffles and Willa began to talk to me.

"It's okay, it's okay. Listen, we can see if you can stay in the guest room with me and it will all be fine."

"No it won't!" I yelled.

"Listen your dads an ass but-"

"No! It's not him that making me so upset. I expect as much from him."

"Then what is it?"

"Lizzy."

"Your sister?"

"Yeah. She used to be such a nice caring sister and now she's a raging alcoholic and if she's not drunk she's high."

"I'm so sorry." Was all Willa could say and so she just repeated it until I calmed down. I stood up and so did she.

"Let's go." I said quietly and she nodded. We walked back to Mrs. Blaix house and she met us at the door.

"What's wrong dear?" she asked sympathetically.

"Can we talk about it in the morning?" I asked. She nodded and I walked upstairs and sat in Willa's room. She shut the door behind her and sat next to me. She turned the lights off and we laid down. Today was not a good day.

When I woke up next, Willa was already going through her clothes. She threw me some jeans and a simple black shirt. I put it on and she wore jeans and a tie-dye shirt. We walked down stairs and sat down with Jackson and Chance. Mrs. Blaix came up to us and gave us some plates with eggs and bacon on them. We ate in silence and then the question was finally asked.

"What happened yesterday Alice?" Jackson asked.

I told them all about my mom and how that affected everyone and then said everything that happened yesterday right down to him slapping me. Everyone said there sympathetic words to me and then me and Willa went back upstairs. I sat down on the bed and she sat next to me.

"Why does this happen to us?" I asked with a few tears running down my cheeks.

"I don't know hun. I don't know." She said.

"My dad hates me and my sister doesn't care about anything, your parents think you are disgusting because of your life choices, and now we're just stuck here to sit and remember what a bitch life is to us." I continued to cry silently and she did to. We sat there like that until we heard on knock on the door. I opened it and was taken aback by who I saw.