The Lion & The Snake

Let's go!!! (I allow any sort of creative projects based off this too! EX: AI voices, art, etc! Go crazy cause I don't mind!)

Some time later...

Sebastian pov

"How's the new fifth year doing?" Ominis asked
"I think she's doing quite well."
"Are you just saying that because she beat you in a duel?"
"What? No! Absolutely not..."
"Mhmmm."

Ominis, Natsai Onai, and a girl named Poppy sat at different tables from me as I spotted the new girl named Rath walk into the room, her eyes scanning every seat as I went to raise a hand.

"Over here!" Natsai spoke before I did

"Merlin's Beard! How's she so fast?!"

Rath walked over, sitting next to a new friend as Natsai handed her a book to look at while Professor Ronen lectured for awhile.

"Augh just get this over with I want to go back to the Undercroft with Ominis..."

"Let's have a little field day why don't we? Eh? Let's get moving students!"

A lot of time later... (I'm not writing out the whole Summoners Court dear god)

"Well that was boring not getting to have any fun."

"You looked like you were having fun." Ominis joked
"Shut up. I was not."
"You cheered for the new girl."
"Because she beat Onai. What else am I supposed to do?"
"You're just sour about losing that duel."
"Trust me Ominis... you would definitely know if I was."

Sometime later...

"Hey Sebastian! Can I ask you for a favor?" I heard as I sat next to Ominis reading a book
"Sure thing! What can I-"

As I closed the book and looked up, I didn't even realize who it was. It was Rath.

"Oh hello. What do you need?"
"I need someone to show me around Hogsmeade... I have no idea what I'm looking for."

"Oh Merlin's Beard she's hopeless."

"I mean I know what I need I just... don't know my way around."
"Of course he can. Just be careful out there you two." Ominis smiled

Even more time later...

Rath pov

"Whoa! This is amazing! I didn't know such a place exists here."
"Everyone at Hogwarts comes to Hogsmeade. It's an essential part of a wizard or witches schooling."

I nodded at Sebastian as he and I walked side by side, him making sure he didn't lose me.

"Woah! What's that?" I asked pointing at an oddly shaped building
"That's The Three Broomsticks... a very good place to drink butter beer with a friend."
"Butter beer?"

"I sound so dumb right now!"

"Yeah! Didn't your sibling ever-"
"How do you know about my brother?"
"I-I was told by another student."

I turned my head to look away from him. How was it that knowledge of my brother was getting around so quickly?

"Was it a Ravenclaw?"
"What?"
"A Ravenclaw student? Did someone from Ravenclaw tell you?"
"No! It was someone in Slytherin."

Slytherin? No wait that actually makes sense because my cousin was a first year Slytherin by the time my brother was a sixth year... that makes sense. Yeah! Maybe other Slytherin's know-

"Why do you ask?"
"No reason. I just don't like to talk about it."
"But-"
"Not every family is perfect Sebastian."

He sighed, seeming to understand my words and what they meant.

"Yeah... I know a thing or two about that."

Some time later...

"Woah! You've practically found everything you need!"
"It was nice to have someone to show me around. I would've gotten lost here."

Sebastian smiled as I looked at his stance. He seemed quite closed off to others yet was willing to engage in conversation with me.

"What are you doing?"
"Huh? Oh sorry I was just learning."
"By looking at me?"
"There's a lot you can learn about someone just by the way they walk or stand still."

He nodded, taking in my information as he looked behind me.

"Watch out!" He yelled as he fired magic at something behind me

A loud roar echoed in my ears, sending shivers down my spine as I reeled around to run.

"Troll! Everyone get out of here!" Someone shouted as people ran down the roads and away from us
"Come on! We've got this!" Sebastian shouted as he casted Incendio

Flashback...

"Come on! We've got this!" I heard as I looked around frantically for help
"We'll die out here if we move!" Someone said to my right
"If we sit still we'll be sitting ducks! I want to make it back home personally so let's get going!" Another added

Myself and four others in the group ran out from behind a large boulder as flaming piles of rubble fell from the sky from catapults and hit around us.

"Keep going! Don't stop running!"

Another ball of rubble came and exploded next to me, sending me up into the air as the four others in my group kept running.

"Hang on! I've got you!" One said as he caught me from the fall

I nodded at him, his dark grey eyes staring at me as he looked me over while we ran. The dirt and mud covering almost all of us while flames burned all around us as the bodies kept dropping.

"Just go! Don't come back for me! We need to get away from here!" The same boy said to me
"I'm not leaving you behind!"
"You knew this was in the plan and I'm prepared to do anything to keep you safe."
"Don't do this!"
"I'm sorry..."

With one shove, I went tumbling into my three other companions, each of us falling down a large slope as we all rolled down it, all the while trying to get our fifth and final member.

"Don't you dare... die on me!" I heard him say as the fire came closer to my face

Flashback end...

"Rath! Come on focus! We've-"
"Depulso!" I shouted as I slammed magic at the troll

"I'm not dying anytime soon so I'm going to have a lot of fun kicking this trolls ass!"

"There you go! Good hit!" Sebastian said as he hit the toll with Bombarda followed by Levioso.

"Protego! Stupefy!" I shouted
"Confringo! Depulso!"

I watched as Sebastian casted a fire spell and then Depulso on the troll, pushing it back.

"What if I just-"

The end of my wand glowed a bright white and blue as I stared at the troll. As if by instinct, my had twirled my wand and sent a blast of magic at the troll, disintegrating it to ash.

"How did I just-"

"That was bloody brilliant Rath! You surprise me more and more!"

To be continued...