The deal

I wake up to Amaimon standing over me, lollipop hanging from his mouth and unwavering stare locked on me. If I was anyone else I would probably scream, but I'm not and this is nothing new.
I reach up and poke his check which brings about a smirk, "I told Mephisto, he wants to talk to you y/n."
"Told him what exactly?" I yawn, throwing my arms above my head I gingerly stretch and crawl from my covers. A glance at the clock tells me it's only 10 which is pretty good for me after pulling an all nighter almost watching cartoons.
"I told him you'll be my queen," he tilts his head slightly watching me dig through my dresser for what I hope will be a clean pair of jeans.
"Oh did you?" I glance over at him raising my eyebrow, "and what happened to waiting to do it together Hmm?"
He sticks his tongue out at me, but I take note of the twinkle in his eye. It's good to know he's at least excited, even if he doesn't wanna show it.
"Let me at least make it look like I'm a normal person first ok? Then we can go." I wave my arm of clothes at him as I head to the shower, the anxiety I was feeling over my decision has almost faded. We're soul mates the arm covered in cartoon characters and smiley faces proves it, so what could be wrong with being a queen?
I make a point to wash up quickly, I'm sure his patience is already running out if he wants to drag me to Mephisto's.
I throw on my last pair of clean jeans, I really need to find time to do laundry, and a shirt from Mephisto.
As soon as I open the door Amaimon grabs my hand and practically pulls me from the dorm building. Hand in hand we make our way to Mephisto's office, we hear him talking on the phone so I make Amaimon wait in the hall until we hear silence.
Being the gentleman he is, Amaimon doesn't even bother to knock just barges in the office pulling me after him. Mephisto looks up from his papers a smirk plays across his face.
"Hello darling!" He beams in that cocky way of his, "my brother tells me you want to be his queen?"
"Um yeah I think I do," I smile sheepishly brushing some hair from my face. "He said you wanted to ask some questions?"
"I do yes," he sits up a little straighter and places his hands atop the desk. "For one this type of marriage requires approval from the Vatican as you are a human girl, seeing as that isn't an option right now would you be comfortable being wed in secret?"
I blink a few times rather confused, "What implications does that have? I think I'm missing something."
"Your soul mate is a demon king, you are human. The implications are that once you wed you will be bound to him..." he pauses watching me closely, "this means that you will likewise be turned."
I put my hand up to stop him, "so let me get this straight, if I marry him you guys are turning me into a demon?"
"To make you mine forever," Amaimon says it so flatly you would think forever is just a day.
"I thought you guys had more than one soulmate because of that?" I frown, am I suppose to believe they wait centuries for their soul mates, and may never even know them?
Mephisto waves off my comment, "I assure you most of us don't even have one. There's no rules for this type of thing, well clearly there are, however we tend to break them." He flashes me his signature smirk and waits.
Having both of their attention on me like this is making me want to shrink, especially when this is a truly life changing decision. In the end though what changes for me? It's not like me real family loves me that much anyway... and they would be replaced with one that does.
"Yeah ok we can have a secret wedding," I shrug taking Amaimon's hand and squeezing it tightly. I feel his nails poking into the back of my hand from how hard I squeezed, "but I want you to make him properly propose."
At that Mephisto breaks out into a hardy laughter, he wipes his eye when he finally calms himself down.
Amaimon stares at me expressionless before looking at Mephisto briefly, "what is proposing?"
"I think this may take some work y/n, but if it is what you wish I will do my best," he bows his head more so to hide his smirk than anything else.
I wink at Amaimon he has no idea the torment I have signed him up for, I think it's due payback for what I've done for him.
"Why don't you and your friend go pick out a dress if she's free? Send me a picture I'll pay for everything," Mephisto smiles at me waving me off. Amaimon makes to follow, but he is called back to the desk. He has a long afternoon ahead of him for sure. I can't help but smile as I make way over to Miyuki's, maybe I can have a happily ever after after all....

(Hello my darling wonderful readers! I've been away for quite some time, but I feel it very unfair to leave a story unfinished so at long last I will continue to write and give all of you an ending you deserve to have :) )