True Cross

I called the school as soon as I woke up, Miyuki was still sleeping in bed so I figured it'd be a good a time as any. I'm meeting with the head master today for a tour, I'm super excited.
I might take Miyuki with me, I asked the man on the phone of course, who said it'd be alright to bring company. I'm meeting with him this afternoon, around two o'clock I believe. I want to surprise Miyuki when she wakes up so I'm gonna make her a big breakfast, after I finish my sketch book drawing from last night.
I also need to call my parents and tell them about my decision to switch schools, it's not gonna be a big change really other than the whole exorcist business. I know already they are not going to be very approving, but they can't stop me.
I run down to the kitchen turn up the oven and mix up some pancake batter, I add in rainbow sprinkles, that's her favorite. As I wait for the oven to get hot, I start to add shading to that guys drawing, if he'd ever see this he would probably think I'm a stalker or something.
I finish what I can sketching to the last second before the oil would burn, then I pull out some eggs to make too. She should be waking up soon, but her sleeping schedule is far from being normal.
I make up two plates for us and go to see if she's awake, thankfully she's just now sitting up in bed.
"Hey we need to chat and I made us some breakfast," I grin cheerfully at her.
"Girl ever heard of sleeping in? Try it sometime," she laughs dragging herself from the bed.
We make our way back downstairs together, she's reading something on her left arm.
"Did she write?" I smile.
"Actually she drew a pic, check it out!" Miyuki holds her arm out to me showing off two kissing cartoon characters, with I love you written in sparkling purple ink underneath.
"Awe! you two are just too cute!" I giggle.
As we sit down, she wastes no time before digging into her food. You'd think she hasn't had a decent meal in months.
"So Miyuki I've been thinking a lot lately and have decided I'm going to switch schools. I'm scheduled to go for a tour of the new one today."
"Ooooo you going to that exorcist place?"
"Yep, I called them earlier, but anyway I was wondering if you'd come with me? Ya know so I'm not awkwardly alone."
"Course I'll go with ya, though I don't think I'd ever go there. Im pretty happy at my plain old public school."
"I know but I want to have you with me."
"Well I hope so! I wanna see the fancy dancy place too!"
We both laugh, I knew she'd love the idea.
"We can meet up with the head director at two."
"Sweet, don't you have to go home, like soon though?"
I shake my head, "my parents texted me last night they're both working late today, plus let's be honest the longer I'm away the happier they are."
"True," she slurps down a cup of milk, "you're too good for them that's all."
"Yeah sure, I think it's more like they just wish I wasn't born," I snicker at the thought of how happy they would be to find out I was a hallucination. "Oh and by the way I finished my drawing of that guy."
"Can I see it!" She reaches for my notebook.
I let her skim through it's filled pages, "wow y/n! that's like spot on!"
"Is it?"
She nods, "right down to his soulless eyes."
"Oh stop it!" I giggle.
She sets the notebook down, "I'm gonna go get cleaned up Kay?"
"Alright I have to too so."
She heads to the shower well I just go change into jeans and a t-shirt, I wonder if that guy goes to the exorcist school. He looked about my age, that would be so awkward.
'Hi remember me? I face planted into you that one time?'
We head into town after she's out of the shower, she begged me to go shopping. She buys so much pointless stuff like makeup and magazines she's never going to read, meanwhile I buy a bag of candy to munch on and some gum. I'm what you would call a gun addict, the struggle is very real. I go through literally two packs a week.
I check my phone it's about one thirty, I grab Miyuki and start heading to the school. It's super easy to spot, in fact you'd have to be about blind to miss it.
The main building is huge! You can tell just from the outside that the inside will be stunning. I spot a strange dude standing by the door smiling at us as we gape at the place.
"Ah hello Miss L/n please do call me Mephisto."
"Cool name," I smile. "Oh and this is Miyuki my friend."
He nods, "shall we begin darling?"
"Absolutely!" I grin.
Mephisto leads us around the whole school, he takes us through most of the buildings and we end up sitting in his office. I have the weird feeling someone is watching me as I sit down across from his desk, I shrug it off thinking I'm just nervous.
He hands me a packet of papers I'm to fill out, i flip through it quickly to have an idea of what information I need.
"Are you fine with starting soon, preferably this Wednesday?"
"That's only Four days away! How can you get me in so fast."
"We do not have as many students as you may think Miss l/n."
"Well I guess that's fine then. Oh and before I forget am I going to be staying in a dorm room?"
"Yes of course, I myself will help you to get settled as soon as you would like."
"I can bring my stuff over after school tomorrow. Would that work?"
He nods a wide grin forming on his features, "that would be fabulous!"
"Great, thank you again Mephisto."
"See you soon my dear," he waves as me and Miyuki leave the building.
"That guy is a real show ain't he?" She giggles.
"Maybe a little," I crack a smile. I glance back at the building and stop dead when I see that boy in the window of Mephisto's office, he is staring right at me and doesn't turn away when we lock eyes. I don't know what to do, I end up giving him a small wave. He doesn't respond, which I think is a little strange. Of course he goes here, just my luck! Suddenly starting at the school so soon feels like a hassle.
Miyuki realizes I'm not following her anymore and comes to see what has me looking like a statue. She follows my gaze and starts to laugh, "lookey there it's your boyfriend."
"Miyuki! Shut up! I don't even know that guys name! As a matter of fact I don't want to know his either, it would be so awkward now let's just go," I grab her arm and drag her away from the school campus.
"I'm only joking y/n...." she grumbles as we reach the streets.
"I know that, but" I sigh. "I'm sorry it's just that he unsettles me...."
"Wouldn't it be funny if you got stuck sharing a dorm building with him?" She grins.
I feel my heart drop, "oh don't even say that!"