What happens now?

(A/n: Hello my dear wonderful readers, I would like to apologize for the extended time it took to get this chapter published. I also have yet to revise and edit this chapter to my liking, however I  going to publish for now and hopefully be able to come back and edit everything later this week. Life has gotten very busy lately and my time to write has been fairly cut short. I do intent to keep writing none the less, and I love and thank all of you for your support it means the world to know you guys keep reading <3)

I don't know what to do, I've never been in a worse situation, at least that I can think of. According to my latest text, Mephisto is coming over in twenty minutes. That's a huge problem, Amaimon is still asleep and I can't shake him awake. I quickly tell Miyuki about the text, trying to think of what to do.
If Mephisto spots Amaimon we're both dead!
So I do the only thing I can think of at the moment, Miyuki and I carry him upstairs and put him in her room. We lock the door and run back downstairs, five minutes to spare. Not wanting to look suspicious I start working on some extra homework while Miyuki goes to make breakfast.
A few minutes later there's a knock at the door signaling Mephisto's arrival, reluctantly I answer.
Mephisto grins at me, "morning y/n. May we come in?"
"We?" I frown glancing past him to Yukio.
Our eyes meet for an awkward second, "uh yeah come in."
I lead them to the living room nerves tightening in my stomach, what if Amaimon wakes up and comes down?
Mephisto and Yukio sit on the couch I plop down on the floor by behemoth waiting for one of them to talk.
"Y/n you will be coming to the Vatican for question..." Yukio is cut off by the abrupt standing up of Mephisto.
He glances at me his eyes narrowing, "my dear I must ask is there a -how to put this- disturbance upstairs?"
My blood runs cold, "uh no...I um why do you ask?"
If someone ever said a stare could see right through me I wouldn't believe them, but the state Mephisto is giving me makes me feels like a window.
"May I continue?" Yukio grumbles sounding impatient.
"Yes of course," Mephisto mumbles sitting back down though reluctance visible in his movements.
"Anyway, as I was saying you're coming with me to the Vatican for questioning, they want to know why a human is, well is becoming rather close to a demon," he pauses as if noticing Mephisto and I have been staring at each other the whole time he spoke. Yukio clears his throat drawing my full attention back to him.
"Does it matter?" I frown.
"Well yes, see if you happen to be his soul mate special measures will be taken, however if you are nothing more than a curious girl it's in your best interest to avoid such relations."
"Oh yeah right because he's totally gonna kill me," I mutter unable to keep the sarcasm out of my voice.
"I shall be scheduling a date within the next week, understood?"
"Is this because of my parents?" The question surprises even me, I can tell neither of them were expecting it either.
"Uh- Yes if I am to be honest, demons are punished for attacking humans."
"Right, so if anything bad happens it's my fault then," I nod.
"You're free to go now Mr.Okumura, I would like to speak with y/n in privacy if you please," Mephisto says it as if commanding, but in a polite way if that's possible.
"Good day y/n," Yukio waves at me before going outside. He's probably going to stand on the porch hoping to catch a word of whatever Mephisto has to say.
"Now that we are alone, do you really think at this point you could hide my brother from me?" He smirks more amused than angry.
"Maybe at first, it seemed like the best plan...." I feel a smile tugging at my lips as I say it.
"You have plenty to learn about demons yet child." He chuckles, "now if you please get Amaimon and come back down, both of you."
"Right," I make my way to the stairs. I stop not even halfway up, "uh the punishment? It's still ending right?"
"Possibly," Mephisto snickers. "Depending on how this conversation goes."
I frown as I make it upstairs, Miyuki's room is oddly quiet. I suspected Amaimon would make more noise waking up in a random room and all.
I knock once, before walking in. He's sitting crossed legged on her bed skimming through a manga book.
"Why am I locked in here?" He questions me without looking up.
"Mephisto is here, he wants you to come down stairs."
His grip tightens on the book, "Mephisto? He knows?"
I nod, "he doesn't seem mad."
"Hmm how odd....." he mumbles as he drops the book and goes past me out the door.
I sigh following him back to the living room.
Mephisto shoots him an evil glare as he sits on the couch. I sit next to him now that I know I can't get into more trouble for seeing him.
"Amaimon I must say you were very patient waiting to sneak away," Mephisto smirks.
I glance at him to find he's avoiding Mephisto's gaze and twiddling his fingers.
"So uh what did you want to talk to us about exactly?" I tilt my head a bit.
"You," Mephisto sighs.
"Me?" I frown. "I'm not sure I understand?"
"Are you staying?" Mephisto glances between myself and Amaimon, "with him?"
I sit there in silence, waiting, hoping that I don't need to say anything just yet.
I realize I have to answer, both of them are staring holes into my head.
"I-I haven't really thought about it much...."
"I see," Mephisto frowns. "I was under the assumption you were in love with him by now."
"Why are you asking me?"
"You are a demon's soulmate this will surely come up at the Vatican meeting," Mephisto frowns, "however being it is Amaimon they might not be concerned."
I nod feeling my skin crawl under his gaze.
"Well I have more things to discuss with you, but for the day I'll leave it at that," Mephisto stands up somewhat in a rush, "you'll be starting class again this coming Monday understood?"
"Yes sir," I mange a small smile, at least school won't change.
"Enjoy the rest of your time off y/n, I'll be sending you both an invitation to dinner in a few days time," With that he poof off leaving an uncomfortable me and a puzzled Amaimon alone in the room.
"You don't want to stay with me?" He doesn't look at me as he asks, but I can hear the pain underneath his normal tone.
"I didn't say that!" I answer quickly not wanting to upset him and also because I do want to stay with him.
At least I think I do....
"You meant it though didn't you?" He sighs heavily risking a glance at me.
"Amaimon no I-"
"Is the clown man gone now?" Miyuki calls from the kitchen.
"Yes," I grumble in response.
"I'm going for a walk," Amaimon goes to get up, but I grab onto his wrist before he can leave.
"No, I need to explain because I do not want you to think I don't like you."
"Fine then you're coming for a walk," he heads to the door.
"I'll be right back Miyuki!" I shout hoping she hears as Amaimon pulls me out the door.
I sigh to myself as he starts to walk leaving me behind, I skip to catch up with him trying to think of what to say.
For awhile it's just silence, however the farther away we get from the house the more I know I can't avoid the subject.
"Amaimon," I take a breath refusing to look over at him, instead I stare at the ground. "I, I don't really like the whole soul mate idea, at least I didn't until well I got a first hand account of why we have soulmates. I always just drew pictures for me, because well I like tattoos, but when I actually met you, well I didn't want to draw for me anymore. I wanted to, no wait I want to draw for you. I want you to be able to see my pictures and know that I listen to you, that I know what you like and what you hate, that you just know I care. I'm not really good with talking to people, but I really do enjoy spending time with you and I don't want to leave you. I've gotten rather used to having you around now, my life would be kinda boring if you just up and left," the words spill out of me like a waterfall from a cliff, fast and honest with no boundaries provided.
We keep walking, he doesn't provide me a response which leaves me questioning if I said the right things. I think that's the most courage I've had in awhile, actually saying how I really feel.
"You are staying then," I glance at him. I swear I catch the hints of a smile, but I can't be too sure.
Is this the life I'm meant to lead....?