Amaimon's pov

Y/n is looking at me, her eyes are shining full of something I can't describe. I seem to be stuck smiling, something I don't tend to do very often, lately I've noticed it's becoming much more common than I would like to admit. I do not understand why, and it does perk my curiosity though not nearly as much as my mate does.
"Amaimon, I have a silly wonderful idea," she sits up and if I did not know her I think in that moment she could pass for a young child, only because it seems like nothing matters other than candy and fun to her right now. I tilt my head, more out of impulse than purposely.
"Miyuki and I used to, well sometimes still do we make these blanket forts and fill them with pillows. We hide snacks in it, and we each pick out a board game to play, then we turn on either music or a movie to listen to while we play, whoever wins gets to pick something to do or a movie to watch," She talks quickly, energy fills her words as much as excitement, "do you want to have a fort night?"
I frown a little, I've never heard of such a concept she takes my reaction as a rejection I think, her happy features seem to fall. I don't waste anymore time to think it over, "it sounds like fun."
"It really is!" She grins grabbing her crutches from the floor, "legs go stock up on snacks and buy us some games!"
I can't help but chuckle as she tries to almost run on them, she almost falls, I steady her which leads to her flashing me an embarrassed smile with red cheeks.
Downtown the stores are rather empty of people, being that it is during the week I'm not surprised. She leads me to a weird little shop full of books and games, I'm more interested in the food shop next door, but she convinces me to go with her instead.
She tells me to find something that looks interesting to me, I end up wandering through the aisles of books while she picks out a board game.
A few of the manga books catch my eye, but books always bore me after a few pages, so I flip through them looking briefly at the drawings before I go to find y/n. She has a box in her hand, it's a game called monopoly. I've never heard of it before, she tells me to pick something out. I scan the shelves not really interested in anything so I tell her to just pick, she sighs as she grabs another game almost at random. I have to carry them even though she tries to convince me that she can for a few minutes, it makes me laugh.
She pokes at me with her crutch in response, she looks like she feels rather helpless.
Once she pays for the games we go back out to the street, she hands me money and tells me to buy whatever snacks I want. I make my way to the store, I glance back only to find that she is not there. My thoughts are dragged from her whereabouts to the bags of chips sitting in the store front window. It only takes me a few minutes to buy my moneys worth of food, once I'm finished I see y/n now waiting for me right outside.
"Where were you?" I question her, she could not have gone very far.
"Awe did I make you worry?" She snickers.
"No," I mumble noticing she has another bag hanging from her arm.
"Come on let's go," she's heading back towards the dorm before I get a chance to ask about it.
I match her pace and can not help but try to see what's in the mysterious bag, she catches me on a few occasions and tells me it's a surprise.
She shows me how to build the fort once we get back, while she throws down pillows, we had to rearrange the room to make space for it.
Once it's finished she throws her crutches on her bed and with Amber wrapped around her neck crawls carefully into the fort of blankets on her knees carrying the bags.
I frown and follow her in, it's rather small inside which leads to our shoulders and legs to brush against each other as we sit. She smiles at me, I take in her features from her e/c eyes to her crooked smile that seems to grow by the minute.
Something inside me stirs, it's a weird feeling in my stomach unlike hunger, it's something almost like a craving. I shake my head clearing my thoughts and the odd feeling, she giggles watching me.
"Okay so I was thinking we could maybe sleep in here like a camping trip, but it's sorta small so that might not work...." she mumbles thinking aloud.
"Does it matter?" I raise an eyebrow, we have shared a bed before more than once actually. Why would this be any different?
"That's true I guess," she frowns for a moment before handing me the mystery bag.
"I bought it for you," she looks excited though I'm not sure why.
I frown peering into the bag, there's a wrapped box inside. I glance at her as I pull it out, it has polka dots and a green bow around it. I open it  to find four chocolate takoyaki sitting neatly inside with toothpicks sticking from the top, they smells delicious.
I devour them in what is probably only seconds, they were very good, perhaps I should've offered her one...
She did say she got them for me though.
She's trying not to laugh as she watches me, she has laughed a lot today, a few giggles escape her as she sees me toss the box out of the fort despite her efforts to remain quiet.
"What type of music do you like?" She grabs the tv remote from the floor her attention already drawn to something new.
I shrug, I've never really listened to much music other than what my brother has played in his office.
"Hmm alright I'll put on alternative I guess," she flicks to a music channel that has a band I've never heard of playing an odd song.
She pulls the board games out, I'm really not interested in them, they look rather boring.
"So which one first?"
"Which one ends the fastest?"
"Hmm probably this one," she opens the game called Sorry. I don't think it's a Japanese game, my brother has never mentioned it before.
She sets it up as she explains to me what to do, I barely pay attention more interested in the snacks I bought and her increasing childishness.
We play for what feels like hours, I was right the games are extremely boring, but she is amusing me at how fun she seems to think this is. I can tell her interest in the games is fading when she starts to attempt dance to the music, she lip sings them too making me wonder what she actually sings like.
"Have you never danced before?" She stops to look at me pulling me from my thoughts.
I shake my head expecting what she's going to do next I have mixed feeling towards it, though my curiosity would entice me to do it anyway.
She inches out of the fort and carefully stands up, she holds her hands out to me, it takes me a moment to realize she wants me to give my hands to her.
"What are you going to do? You can't exactly walk around," I frown placing my hands in hers.
"Trust me I don't even know how to dance anyway so we're gonna wing it and hope for the best okay?" She smiles with nervousness in her eyes.
She starts trying to lead me in an odd dance around the small space around the fort, I feel a smile creeping onto my face once again. Even though she has to keep weight off her foot, she still seems to be lost in the moment as if she's day dreaming or that I might disappear.
It's an odd thought to think someone would be upset if I were to vanish, something I've never considered before.
Once the song is over she crawls back into the fort pulling me with her, "so I suck at dancing,"
She giggles as she shifts around, "that was so embarrassing."
"I thought it was rather amusing," I snicker.
Her cheeks start turning red, "Oh I forgot to ask you earlier, did you see the drawing I made for you?"
As usual when her face gets red, she tries changing the subject, I suppose I will let her.
I nod remembering the drawings details and colors on my arm forming a rather delightful image of people in a sunset, I wonder if it's meant to be us...
She lays down resting her head in her hands so she can look at me, "I like this, you and me just hanging out like we can be just normal together."
"This is what you would call normal?" I raise an eyebrow at her, this is nothing like my brother has described normal to be.
"Well my normal," she sighs.
I shift to lay down beside her, our sides are brushing when I finally get comfortable, she doesn't seem to care.
"So guess we aren't playing board games huh?"
"They look boring," I glance at her.
"Well maybe after awhile," she nods, "I don't really have the patience for them..."
My brother might tease me for not caring that I have a soulmate, but for some reason during moments like this I don't want to lose her, she's mine...
She yawns, grabbing the remote she starts to flick threw channels, "pick a genre."
"I don't care what you put on as long as it's not boring."
"Well your boring and my boring are two completely different borings," she says with a smirk.
I watch as she turns on some animated kids movie, it makes me wonder what she would have been like as a small child. I see her as being extremely energetic and probably never listening to rules, rules are always more fun to break anyway.
Amber who has been curled up in the corner slithers up to me and onto my back, she hisses at me coiling up slowly.
Y/n smiles watching her, she strokes her head with a finger gently until Amber is asleep.
Y/n sneaks out and pulls one of the blankets we didn't use to make the fort inside, she's crawling on her knees to stay off her foot, the blanket wrapped around her shoulders like a cape. She takes her place next to me and carefully throws the blanket over us so to not wake her familiar.
"Y/n?"
"Yeah?" She mumbles already half asleep.
I sigh already changing my mind as to what I want to say, "never mind."
Thankfully she doesn't question me further, I will tell her sometime...
As she falls asleep she leans her head against my arm, I watch her steady breathing wanting to wrap my arms around her so she can't leave.
I think I will get her another familiar, she would like that and after all she did buy me a present. I feel Amber slither off of me and coil up beside y/n's head, she shifts around in her sleep probably having a dream. I carefully move so I don't wake her, I lay so I can watch her sleep, she always looks so peaceful...
Perhaps I'll bring her behemoth to play with, that would be entertaining for the both of them.
I wonder why it is I suddenly can not think of anything without her popping into my head....?