4

LOID'S POV

The next morning I decided to wake up early and to get some more groceries before Y/N's arrival.

However, the groceries weren't the real reason for my choice to take up early.

Last night, I got a text from Franky saying that he found some information on Alex. Which is why I decided to wake up before Anya did. By the time I get back I should still have time to clean and cook breakfast.

Rushing to the usual concession stand Franky and I meet, I see him sitting there eating a sandwich.

"I can't thank you enough for this Franky. I can finally be at ease-."

Franky raises his hand making me stop talking. He sighs before finally looking at me.

"I did manage to find some stuff... But now I'm debating whether or not I should give it to you..." He says. "I'm just gonna cut down to the chase and give it to you straight. It's not good news. Are you sure you want this information? Because once I do I know it'll affect you. If I give you this there's no going back."

I look at Franky completely serious. Deep down though I was scared. Is Alex ok?

"I need to know Franky please. I'd rather have something even if it's not good." I reply.

Franky sighs. "I knew you'd say that.." We make eye contact one last time before he goes through his stacks of fake newspapers.

Sliding a folder close to me I take it and place it inside one of my bags of groceries.

"Thanks Franky."

"Have you found a wife yet?" He asks trying to change the subject.

"Yeah actually. Thanks again for forging those papers. I don't know how you managed to sneak in and pretend you were a city hall worker, but I can't thank you enough." I say. "Anyway, I'm gonna go. I need to cook some breakfast and get ready for my wife's arrival." I say.

Franky nods. "I look forward meeting her later on." He waves.

Setting the groceries on the kitchen counter, I see that Anya's still asleep.

Taking out the folder, I stare at it. Franky's words replaying again in my head.

"I'm just gonna cut down to the chase and give it to you straight. It's not good news. Are you sure you want this information. Because once I do I know it'll affect you. If I give you this there's no going back."

Heart began to pound as I reach out for the cover of the folder. Taking a deep breath I open the folder going through all of its contents.

"These missions sound so dangerous... Yet she managed to complete them.." I think out loud. My eyes dart over to her picture.

She's grown up so much and I wasn't able to be there to see her grow into the woman she's become.

As I continued skimming through the page I felt my heart drop as I read the information.

Agent Status: Deceased

My sister's dead...?

Dropping the folder I placed my hands on my head.

She died three years ago...

The last time I saw her was six years ago.. She was only sixteen years old... She would have been twenty two right now..

Just then I heard someone yawn. Immediately I grab the folder and shove it in a drawer. I can't let Anya see me like this.

"Hey good morning." I greet. "I'm about to make breakfast ok?"