20

TWILIGHT'S POV

The next morning I wake up and head to the kitchen, to my surprise, I see Y/N awake. She sat on the far edge of the couch, hugging a pillow close to her chest.

Something was off about her. She looked deep in thought. The same gloomy aura from yesterday surrounding her.

"Morning Y/N." I greet. Taking a seat next to her I frown. "What's wrong?"

She doesn't respond.

Placing a hand on her shoulder, I couldn't help but worry. She jumps in surprise and faces me.

"Huh? What? Sorry.. Did you say something?" She asks.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

She smiles weakly. "Nothing, I'm fine really.."

Before I could say anything, a knock on the door is heard. Just then, Anya rushes out of her room.

"THAT'S PROBABLY MR. DOGGY!" She smiles brightly.

Before I could get up from the couch, I see Blossom step into the living room. "I'll get it." She yawns.

"MR. DOGGY!" Anya laughs and runs towards the dog.

"Don't worry. He's clear. The search went smoothly." Agent Armin smiles, handing Blossom his leash.

"Thank you sir." She smiles and waves as Armin nods. He smiles and leaves.

"Welcome to our family Mr. Doggy!" Anya cheers.

"Have you thought of a good name for him?" I ask.

Anya turns to face me. "No not yet papa."

"Don't worry sweetheart I'm sure you'll think of something. Now hurry and get ready for school okay?" Blossom smiles as she heads to the kitchen.

Anya nods and runs to her room.

Walking towards the kitchen, I stand next to Blossom who's looking at Y/N's silent figure.

"What's wrong with Y/N?" She asks in a hushed voice.

"I don't know.." I whisper back.

"Well big brother since it is your day off, you and Y/N should do something fun!" Blossom cheers, her voice no longer quiet.

Of course to a spy that's obviously a code.

What Blossom was implying was that I have to find out what's wrong with Y/N. Because if I don't stabilize our relationship, Operation Strix will be in trouble.
——————————————
Y/N'S POV

'I'm a failure as a mom..' I think to myself. 'A proper mother would never lose her child. A proper mother knows how to cook.'

Looking out of the window I felt even more depressed. I make breakfast without Alex supervising me, for the first time and I failed! Because of my terrible cooking skills Loid got sick!

At this point, Loid would be better off with someone else as his wife. However, at the same time I feel lucky to actually be with him. Even if it is just pretend...

I don't think I could ever gain the courage to tell him my true feelings for him..

Facing Loid, I see him smiling warmly at Alex.

He's so kindhearted, loyal, and responsible.

He should probably find someone who isn't as unorganized and unprepared as me..

Once again looking out of the window I sigh.

"Well big brother since it is your day off, you and Y/N should do something fun!" I hear Alex say.