25

EREN'S POV

Driving away from Y/N's house, we make our way to work.

"I'm guessing what Handler has to say is important to call us on our day off." I say.

"Yeah.. I wonder what it is." Alex rummages through her bag.

Stopping at a red light, I glance at her and see that she's taking her mask out. Sighing, I focus on the road once more. "I hate when you wear that thing.. It hides you from me.." I say without even thinking.

My eyes widen and I felt my face warm. The red light turns green and we sit there in silence for a bit.

"Wh-What do you mean by that..?" Alex stuttered.

Gripping the steering wheel tighter, I realize it's too late to keep quiet. "When you wear that thing, it's hides you from me... It hides your beautiful face... Your mesmerizing eyes.. It hides the most breathtaking  smile I have ever seen.."

Entering the parking lot, we sit in silence for a bit once more. Upon finding a parking spot, I turn the car off. Neither one of us making a single move. Facing her, I see her face is red.

"I've... I've been in love with you since the first day we met.." I confess, looking down at my lap. "Mom always asked me when I'd tell you.." Chuckling, I run a hand through my hair. "In fact she wasn't the only one to ask.. Mikasa and Armin would always try to convince me to tell you my feelings. Armin thinks you're dead because well you know.. And well since Mikasa isn't an agent she doesn't know about anything.. I just told her and mom that you went out of town for a job offer..."

"Eren.. I..." Alex faces me, but before she could say anything our phones go off.

Handler: Please let me know when you guys are here.

Answering Handler's text, I see Alex put her mask on and we head towards Handler's office.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ALEX'S POV

My heart can't stop pounding at all. I'm so glad my mask hides my face, so Eren can't see that I'm putting a tomato into shame right now.

Eren knocks on Handler's door. Taking a deep breath, I try to compose myself.

"Come in."

Complying to her order, we step inside.

"You wanted to see us..?" Eren asks.

Handler nods. "I apologize for making you come in on your day off."

"What's wrong mam?" I ask.

"Well for starters, I'd like to say I'm glad you told Twilight. That's one less weight on my shoulders." She comments. "Besides, now that he knows who you are, he's not as distant from others."

Scratching the back of my head I let out an awkward laugh. "I couldn't have done it without Eren and his undying support.."

Handler smiles. "I've noticed how well you guys work with Twilight, which is why I have decided to make an official team for Operation Strix. I have a feeling agent Armin will also be a good fit for the team. An old colleague has also come back from a long mission." She says glancing at me.

Groaning, I cross my arms. "She's back?"

"Now now Alex, if I recall she really liked you." Handler comments.

Scoffing, I face her. "Tch. Yeah she only respected me because I'm Twilight's sister. It's no secret to anyone about her crush on my big brother. I can bet all of my money that she simply treated me nicely because she wanted my approval of being with my big brother. She's got nothing to gain from Blossom." I point out.