Prologue

That one day 2 years ago Scarlett knew she was gunna get some new friends, she just didn't know exactly how much trouble they would bring with her. 

She was riding her young chestnut horse across the beach for the first time since moving. They were on the cut side, not far from the boneyard which was a prime surfing spot. 

Everything in the outer banks is different. Different riding, different accent, different lay of land which causes lots of sand to get into your shoes and itch your toes.  

Sophia clicked her tongue causing Calypso to trot on. She smiled with the wind in her face, all the anxious thoughts of the last few weeks leaving her mind, just for a few minutes, why she connected with her steed.

 Two laughing young boys about Sophia's age came out of the trees beside the beach carrying surf boards, spooking the young horse. After all he was only young and been moved halfway across the world. He pulled to a stop, reared up and turned 90 degrees on his haunches throwing Sophia onto the sand. 

Not at all was she hurt, but worried about her boy.  Both teen boys dropped their boards and ran to the horse not knowing what to do or how to approach him. The brunette ran to the girl, "oh shit i'm so sorry! Are you okay??" He asked panicking. 

"JJ, get the horse!" He yelled.

 The blond boy walked swiftly over to the horse and grabbed him by the reins. Kalipso only walked to the nearest piece of grass. A food ordinated horse. Sophia jumped up "Are you both twats of something? You don't run up to a horse with your arms in the air you might as well just throw a fucking rock at him." She shouted. Both boys were taken aback by the sweet looking girl shouting so vulgarly. While rubbing the sand off her clothes, she quickly took Calypso.

Both boys looked at each other and back at her. The brunette run his free hand through his hair. "We're both sorry, aren't we John B?" JJ gave Scarlett one of his dazzling smiles which immediately caused her gaze to soften. When the Brunette one didn't reply, too busy staring at the chestnut creature, his friend elbowed sharply jabbed him with his elbow. "Get your head in the game man, there's a cute girl."

"Bro, oh yeah, sorry." John B replied. JJ took a brief moment to look at Scarlett. She had deep caramel-brown eyes which complimented her blonde hair. He couldn't see much of her hair at the present moment because it was tied back and covered with a riding hat, yet he caught himself imagining what it would look like down. 

Scarlett chuckled and  pretended she didn't hear JJ's former remark. She flipped calypsos reins back over his head. "Sorry, I wasn't paying attention I shouldn't have shouted. My name is Scarlett Jones, my mum and I just moved here." She said.

 "It's cool.  I'm JJ and this is my friend John B, but you can ignore him he's not that interesting.." The blonde piped up earning a glare from his friend, he put his hand out for Sophia to shake. She did, he let go sooner that she had wanted. JJ shrugged John B's glare off, "I can tell your not from around here."

"Who's this then?"

 "This is Calypso." She patted the horse. JJ nodded, "I've never seen a horse before, only seen em' in old westerns." He stretched his had to stoke Calypso on the nose. 

"Is it a boy?" John B asked, before Scarlett had time to ask he had bent over to look under Calypsos belly, "well, used to be."

 Calypso was simply bored out of his mind and waiting to go home. He couldn't care less about some new cute boys. If they didn't provide food, he wasn't intrested. 

 Scarlett covered the awkwardness with a statement. "We just moved here from England."

 "Ahh i see, well wanna come with us to get some ice cream or something? You can meet our friends" JJ asked. He smiled, hitting john B in the ribs as a hint for him to smile too. Sophia looked at her horse and then at JJ. "Sure"

And just like that a whole friendship group was born.