Part 7

Part 7 - burly 

                         Welcome to my life - Izzy DeRosa 

                      Oh my god, think I nearly died. 

SOPHIA SAT ON THE CHATAU window sill, opposite JJ. Her head pounding of thoughts from the least few days, her foot tapping on the wooded floor. She was startled awake by the sound of the rooster. 

JJ brought it upon himself to tell Pope and Kiara about the adventures of the morning. "And we were right here like this," He backed up against the wall. "And all we hear is  bam! Bam! Bam! Knocking paint off the wall, G! From the inside, all right? And I'm just looking at them too like- wait first off look at this shit" he walked over to the group and ruffled his hair, piece of paint dropping out. 

"That's dandruff. Disgusting." Kie murmured, scrunching her nose in disgust. 

"Okay, thank you" Pope pushed him away. 

"Look at that alright, that's paint! At that point, I was just like..." He looked into the distance remembering the trauma, "waiting for death."

"Oh, okay, so you saw the guys who shot at us right? Did you get a good description of them?" Pope asked, trying to set the story straight."

"Anything helpful."

"Anything that we could bring to a police report?"

"Burly." JJ spoke, turning around to pope with finger guns. 

"Burly?"

"Yeah, you know like-"

"That's not very helpful." Kie sighed.

"Okay, well, no, like the type in my dad's garage. I mean you guys know he made cargo hides for drug smugglers. I can tell you with full confidence, these boys, these killers." He paused to take a hit from his cigarette. "They're square groupers."

"They're square groupers. Like narco square groupers? Like Pablo Escobar square groupers?" Pope questioned, making a useless attempt at making sense of the blonds words. 

"Yeah, man."

"You guys, not everything is a kingpin movie." 

Pope let out a small sigh at JJ's dramatics "Okay, what does this square grouper look like?"

Sophia pushed up of the window sill and moved to stand next to John B, "maybe late to mid thirties? Brown hair"

"See? Helpful!" Pope gestured, causing JJ to roll his eyes.

"You weren't there." JJ mumbled, talking another hit from his cigarette. 

"You don't know what to look for!"

"Dude!" JJ exclaimed,  "I wasn't taking little mental Polaroids the whole time. I was under duress okay? But i can tell you...I can tell you by the way that Ms. Lana was screaming... that these guys are serious, serious hombres man." 

"JJ," Sophia beckoning him over. JJ turned and made his way to her. He put his hands on her shoulders. "It's a heavy vibe right now. I'm not liking this very much" 

She got up and gave him a hug. JJ's breathing slowed as his body relaxed in her hold. 

"Okay but why would they want the compass?" Kie asked.

Pope shrugged, "it's a piece of shit, you couldn't pawn it off for five bucks if you wanted too. No offence John B I know it's in your family-" before Pope could finished he was cut off.