Part 6

Part 6 - burly 

                           Ain't no rest for the wicked - cage the elephant 

                  You know there ain't no rest for the wicked, Money don't grow on trees

SOPHIA TIED THE CHESTNUT GELDING to the post where she untacked and brushed him. Sophia wasn't short but she wasn't tall. She was about 5'6ft tall where Kalipso was 16.1hh. He stood with a droopy lip and sideways ears, visibly relaxed as he was groomed by his owner.

A while later JJ and John B picked Sofia up in John B's van, affectionately named the Twinkie. JJ threw the door open, for Sophia to jump in. Once again JJ pulled her to the front seat planting a kiss on her cheek, Sophia smiled up at him. "Morning, B" she smiled while getting comfortable in her place on JJ's lap. "So what's the plan for today boys?

John B started the van and pulled out of the kook/pogue house, he drove through the streets while explaining how they were going  to try and talk to Lana Grubs about the compass they found on her husbands boat. The conversation was rather dull so Sophia decided to add a little spice. 

"John B," She gasped. Looking up at him with a sly grin, "I have a question for you" 

 He glanced at her out of the side of his eye, "oh, you gasped and I thought it was something important?!" He faked a shocked face gasp. 

"Rude. Anyways," she rolled her eyes, enjoying annoying him until he annoyed her. "Are you and Kie macking?"

JJ let out a laugh but it was cut short by John B, "are you and JJ macking?" He shot back with a smirk. 

Both JJ and Sophia froze. Their bodies tensing at his one question. Sophia spoke first deciding it would be better to deny everything than admit to her feelings. "Me and JJ?" She glanced at JJ before staring at the road, "there is no me and JJ!"

JJ nodded, loosening the grip he had on her waist. "No no no nope, nish, no zone, nopzies, nope!" He chuckled nervously. There was an awkward silence between the three. 

"look," JJ began, bringing the conversation back to the original point, "I'm just saying I don't understand why you don't at least try with Kiara. She clearly likes you, she's like 'oh John B'"

"Oh is that was she does?" John B mused. Sophia gave a short laugh tilting head back to shy from the sun. 

"She's sketchy about you diving then she kissed you, bro!"

"She kissed me on the cheek!" He corrected JJ. "It's not like we were making out! I have more chance with a duck!"

"And the duck would be very lucky, B" Sophia laughed. 

"It's low hanging fruit bro. Don't pretend that your don't notice, I see it in your eyes. You're like 'I kinda like that' and you start blushing and shit." JJ smirked. 

"Like a lil baby tomato" Sophia chimed. She playfully whacked john Bs arm.

"That's clearly not true as baby's tomatoes are green."

"No they're not."

"Yes they are!"

"No there no- wait are they?" She looked to JJ for conformation. He nodded in return putting on a fake sad face. 

"I blush?" John B mumbled, bringing the topic of his love for Kie back. 

JJ lunged forward, grabbing the compass off the dashboard, John B wacked his hand with a 'hey!' Stealing the compass back, JJ grabbed it  "hey I'm just looking!" He squeaked,  examining it.