Part 4

Part 4 - the kegger

Looking out for you - the joys

I guess I should start, looking out for you, like i always do

POPE WAS GOOD AT ALOT OF THINGS, he was a honorary student, gave brilliant advice, alway a shoulder it cry on, even quite a good cook. Being calm wasn't one of the things he was good at. 

"So, uh, we didn't see anything" he panted, stepping over Sophia as he entered the chateaus covered porch. The air was filled with panic. "We don't know anything. We need to have total and complete amnesia."

Sophia set in the doorway holding Kalipso's lead so he could eat the small specks of grass in John B's back yard. "Take a breath, mate" she laughed.

JJ, who was sitting in Big John's old armchair, stood up. He leant again the chateau railing, playing with an old fashioned lighhter in his hands, a thoughtful expression over his face. "Actually he's right for once" he concluded, looking around the room before settling his gaze on Pope. "See i agree with you sometimes. Deny, deny, deny."

"Guys we can't keep that money" Kiara announced. She sat next to pope. JJ looked at her with narrowed eyes, "okay, not all of us can afford unlimited data plans, Kiara." He said, sounding surprisingly pissed off.  

"We have to pass it on to Lana Grubbs," Kiara spoke, ignoring JJ's comment and continuing with her train of thought. "Otherwise, it's bad karma"

"Bad karma to be implicated in a felony, too"Pope added. "We gotta go dark"

"If that means we get to keep the money, then i agree" JJ said, he went over to talk to Kalipso, Irritated but he situation.

Sophia scratched her head, "say we do give Lana grubs the money. She's gunna ask where we got it from, where we found the motel key and Why we stole her dead husbands money! Giving the money to her will create more problems that it solves. We'd look suspicious if we gave it to her. Also scooter grubs was...murdered" it took her a moment to not swallow the word. "We'd look like suspects.

"Then we give to her anonymously, in an envelope or something" Kie suggested.

JJ shook his head, walking back inside to stand next to John b. "Giving it to her anonymously won't solve this so called karma you're so worried about. I want some sort of recognition" 

"Real kind of you JJ." She mumbled. "Besides, scooter grubs wasn't murdered he died in the storm." 

Sophia raised an eyebrow. "He had a gun and a load of cash in a manky motel on top of the fact he just topped a new grad-white." She deadpanned. "It's creepy, I've read enough murder mystery's to know murder when I see it."

"Oh so you're now a murder expert are you?" Kie questioned, raising her eyebrows. 

"Fuck off Kiara." Sophia snapped. They were all taken back but her sudden outburst, why was she so bitter when murder was mentioned?

John B who was sitting opposite Pope joined the conversation trying to draw the attention away from Sophia,  "i don't agree" he said, causing his friends to look at him. "Sophia's right. Just think about it, this is scooter grubs we're talking about. Some dude that was buying individual cigarettes at the porthole. Shit, one time i even saw this dude begging for change in a save-a-lot parking lot because he needed gas. Were talking about a dirtbag marina rat who's never had more than 40 bucks in his back pocket and all of a sudden he's got a Grady white? Just sayin'." He let out in one whole breath.