Part 3

Part 3 - shut up, you did not

                           Rex Orange County - best friend 

                            I still wanna be your best friend baby, I still wanna be your best friend

"Shut up. what?"

"No way"

Pope shook his head and pointed to the water. "No, no, seriously guys, there's a boat down there"

"For real?" Kie questioned, she tore her shorts off. "Holy shit he's right let's go" she dived in the water along with John B and pope. JJ and Sophia dived down to explore the wreck along with everyone else.

They all popped up to the surface, lacking oxygen. "Did you guys see that?" JJ questioned in excitement. Excited that they actually found something cool to explore. A chorus of 'yeahs' was shared between the girls.

"Yeah!" Pope replies, coughing a little.

"Yeah I did!" John B replies. 

They all laugh and look at each other, crazed by the situation. "That's a Grady white"  JJ exclaimed as he jumped on the boat, once he was on he turned to help Sophia. "A new one of those is 500 Gs easy, that's a promo rig"

John B looked towards Sophia, realisation laying in his features, "that's the boat we saw when we surfed the surge." Sophia looked towards Pope, biting her finger. "Oh shit it is."

Kie faced John B with a face laced with concern. "You surfed the surge?" She asked. John B nodded cautiously, knowing Kie would scold him for being reckless. "And you Sophia? I thought you were the sensible." Kie spoke in a dismissive manner. Sophia shrugged. Why was Kie being rude to her but not Pope or John B? Sophia and Kiara have been friends ever since JJ introduced them. To be honest, they didn't always get along. The year Sophia arrived her, Kiara and Sarah Cameron  became very good friends. Baking together, surfing together, making friend ship bracelets, even taking Kalipso out on walks. 

In Sophia's first year on the island Kiara left Kildare high school and moved to the kook academy to be with Sarah, leaving Sophia with no friends of the girl variety. She discussed with her mother moving to kook academy but they didn't have that sort of money to throw on ponsy private school when Sophia was aready a smart arse.                                               

Kie completely ditched the pogues. She left the dirt behind and lived the high life to which she was born into. Kie quickly came back to the pogues after she realised that the kook life wasn't for her. But Sarah, she never spoke to Sophia again, completely ghosting her.  Sophia cried for days over Sarah leaving. She didn't know what she had done to upset her so much.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

"That's my boy" JJ said, letting go of Sophia to do a secret handshake with John B. "Pogue style"

"What the heck?" Kie replied, obviously not pleased by the situation. "Wait, wait, wait" pope spoke, trying to defuse any tension that was building. "Do we even know who's boat that is?"

John B knelt down to grab the anchor out of the hold. "No but were about to find out."

JJ looked to Sophia silently asking if she was okay. She rolled her eyes and nodded wondering when they could go home. "Dude it's too deep" he mumbled. John B kept trying to haul the anchor out, "oh for the weak and feeble JJ."