Part 5

Part 5 - gas embolisms

                         Up up - sandollar

                Up up and away we go, up up on the radio

THE BRIGHT SUN SEEPED THROUGH the curtains, creating a delicate glow on the young girls face. Sophia's eyes fluttered, adjusting to the light. She lifted her arm to reach for JJ but the bed was empty. A sad wave washing over her as she realises her friend had gone. She got up, brushed her teeth, showered, got dressed and made the bed. 

She wondered down the stairs, surprised to see JJ and Ophelia making pancakes to harry styles. Well, JJ making pancakes and Ophelia eating them. JJ's hair flopped as he nodded to the lyrics. Ophelia bounced around putting sprinkles and squeezing a lake of syrup on a mountain of pancakes. "Morning!" Sophia yawned, she walked around to JJ and hugged him from the side. Ophelia happily munched on her pancakes while JJ cooked and Sophia washed up. He accidentally burnt some of the pancakes which he quickly shoved in the cat bowl. The trio laughed more than they ever had, there was flour plastered onto the walls and syrup covering every kitchen side. 

They chilled at the house in the morning consisting of many activities; cleaning Kalipso's filed, watching movies and Sophia laughing at JJ who was being dressed as Ken from Barbie life in the dream house. (absolutely bangin' show) Once Charlotte had arrived back home from work JJ and Sophia set off to John B's

THE AIR OUTSIDE THE CHATAU was filled with tension. The activities from last night were heavy in the atmosphere. Almost like a poorly built bridge that no one wanted to step on in case it broke. JJ threw rocks into the march from where he was sitting. Sophia could tell he was anxious, she knew his mind was swirling with thoughts. He hated the silence, when there was noise his head was filled, no space to think. When there was silence his thoughts filled the space, telling him terrible things he didn't want to be thinking. 

Sophia never understood the turf war, she knew the kooks had everything handed to them on a silver platter, never working too hard or having to face their responsibilities just swimming in privilege. The pogues had virtually nothing, always the blame for the kooks. Where did she really fit into that? The pogues called her a kook but the kooks called her a pogue. She didn't even have a house that big, just not as shabby as the ones on the cut. 

Sophia was so indulged in her thoughts she didn't eve hear John B start a conversation, he got up and paced around the chateu landing. 

"Look I'm calling it off, alright?" He started, causing them four teenagers to look at him. "Peterkin said, if I stay out the marsh, she'll help me with DCS."

"And you believed her?"  JJ questioned, stunned by the idea he wanted the cops help. 

"Yes," John B said stiffly, "I believe her JJ."

JJ looked down at the rock in his hand, shaking his head in disappointment. "An actual cop. You believed a cop."

"All I gotta do is stay out of the marsh for a couple days and she'll help me out!" John B protested. "And it doesn't help that your ass was the one shooting the gun."

"You know what I should've done? I should've let Topper drown your ass" 

"Yeah, cause' Topper was gunna drown me"

"Sure looked like it" JJ mumbled back as he pushed up from the table he lent on, walking over to the porch.

"Funny," John B huffed, sarcasm streaming in his voice.