Part 2

Part 2 - sleep is good

                            The neighbourhood- reflections

                              We were too close too the stars, i never knew 

                              Somebody like you, somebody 

Safe wasn't really something Scarlett did. She lived for the adrenaline, for the thrill of the chase. Those moments where your blood pumps hot and your nerves run quick. Currently she was standing on top of the sand downs, surfboard in hand. In the middle of a hurricane with pope and John B. 

"It's double overhead out there guys" Pope commented in concern. 

"Cmon Pope! The best waves are during a hurricane" John B replied.  He started to run to the waves head on, ready to face what was ahead. Scarlett ran past him, her legs turning blue in an instant when they hit the icy water. Even in the sunny Outer Banks the sea was cold from time to time. Today was one of those times. 

"Get back Scarlett, you can't surf those!" John be shouted at her. He knew very clearly that Scar was the best surfer on the island but he never admitted it. "Get lost JB, you know I'm the best!" From the back Pope was walking, wondering if his friends had even a slice of sanity left. 

Scarlett surfed amazingly, even those humongous waves which make you feel like you're being hurdled around in a washing machine. Much unlike John B who kept falling arse over tits. "SCARLET I FELL AGAIN!" he yelled before the ocean dumped water on him again. Johnny B has obviously upset the sea.

As they were done surfing and on route back to the chateau there was a crash on the ocean, not the sound of wave on wave but fibreglass on wave. Sophia stopped and turned to the sea spotting a small white boat on the horizon "hey guys, is that a boat or am i seeing things again?" She pulled John B to a stop and jabbed him in the side making him pay attention. Pope crashed into Scarlett Why aren't you moving? Have your legs fallen off?" he turned to where the other two were looking. His eyes widened. Fear startled in Scarlets veins, they shouldn't be seeing this she thought and the turned for home.

THE LOUD FOOTSTEPS OF JOHN B'S big feet wrung through the chateau waking up the sleeping blonde boy who spent the night on his sofa. JJ kept his eyes closed, pretending to still be asleep so he could keep lying with his girl. John B took a moment to look at the pair before walking outside to survey the wreck boat. 

JJ's eyes slowly adjusted to the sun slipping through the the closed curtains. The dream he was having of him and Scarlett walking along the beach together slowly slipping from his mind. She slept on the left side her arm laying between her and JJ. His fingers automatically tucking a piece of stray hair away from her face. How did he get so lucky? There was this amazing girl who loved him laying right in his grasp but he couldn't get himself to grab her. He didn't deserve her. After all JJ thought of himself as some lowlife who was destined to end up in jail. Someone with a horrible background, never to get out of his past. 

Sophia didn't think of him like that. How could she? JJ Maybank was loyal, kind, perfect, devoting, harmless, reckless and endlessly gorgeous. And even a slighted tad annoying.

It's because of Sophia that JJ knows what love is. It's because of her, he knows what being in love is. It was letting her fall asleep on his arm even though it itself was asleep. It was being weak in the knees when she laughed or even looked at him. It was listening to her chatter on about horses even though he didn't have the slighted clue what she was on about. Inside leg to outside rein, who's that? Love to him was feeling safe, being able to talk to her about anything and everything, even his home life and things he was ashamed of. JJ never cared about his consequences, it got to the point that it didn't matter if he fucked up again but around Sophia he was always careful, he could never lose her. Unfortunately, the thought of love terrified him at the same time. His feelings were getting to the point where he closed up every time Scarlett began one of those talks, unfortunately it was bound to come around. Last winter Scarlett and JJ may have...sort have...might have...hooked up. (They were 16 and 17)