𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈

◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈

Two days later...

    IT WAS ONE DAY AWAY. Everything was in its place; they needed a good night's rest and they'd be on their way. Astrid felt herself grow antsy, shifting her weight from one foot to another. Her eyes cast out towards the streets of Apollo, her hands resting on the marble railing of her balcony. Something about the wait killed her. She wanted to rush into the place her mother was held and save her, but Anakin had made sure she thought everything through. Palpatine wanted her to be irrational, and act out of anger and vengeance. So she did the opposite—she planned it with many and many advisors. Whenever her emotions came in the way, they made sure to correct the plan to be more accurate.

    The moon shined down on Apollo, casting a white glow on the land. It was a quiet night, most citizens had gone to bed. A small sigh slips her lips as she hears the balcony doors open. Tonight, Maya had wanted Anakin to read her a bedtime story and tuck her into bed, which gave Astrid the alone time she so desperately needed. She felt his presence steer closer before hesitating. A nostalgic smile washed over her face when Astrid thought back to one of her first interactions with the formerly Jedi.