CHAPTER 8.

He got out of the car in a haste, it wasn't needed but he needed answers, and to have them he had to go to Mystic Falls.

Opening the door to his room, he saw Caroline waiting on the bed...naked. As if she were nothing he went to the walk-in closet and started preparing a travel bag.

"That's a travel bag? Louis Vuitton, it gives me Monaco vibes...are we going to Monaco?"

"We, aren't going anywhere. I on the other hand, am going out of town to solve some business."

She walked to him, hugging him from behind. "Come on, business can wait...I was thinking of something...sexier." The smugness in her voice made his stomach twist and not in a good way.

"Caroline I have to go, let me prepare my bag." She took the bag from his hand and ran to the bed.

He sighed and simply took another identical bag out.

"What the hell is up with you?!"

He sighed again, "I have very important matters at hand love. People's lives are on the line."

"It's about her?" She asked putting on her robe.

"I don't know what you are talking about."

"Klaus if you as much as try to go out of that door, you can stay serenda and not come back."

"It's still my house love," He took his bag and went for the door.

"We need to talk," She said stopping him in his trucks.

"Then talk Caroline, I don't have much time."

"This is not working...either you try and we mend our relationship or we call it quits."

"I think I'll go for the second," He said smugly.

"You know what Klaus, there will be a day when you will knock at my door...but I will love myself enough to not not open."

"I really hope you will learn to love yourself but as much as I can recall, I never knock."

Right. He was right she thought while watching his back departing from her. Klaus wasn't one to knock, he stormed in, making a mess and then leaving destruction behind. He left destruction in her life and now left her with nothing, absolutely nothing.

Going to her room, she took her bags and left.

***

He arrived to Mystic Falls and made his way to the house where the spirits of the Bennett witches were. Walking in, he waited for the person who called him.

"Klaus Mikaelson." The woman said with a look of awe in her eyes.

"Qetsiyah Bennett, I grew up with stories about you from Ayanna. Never would have I ever imagined you as ravishing as you in fact are."

"You are as charming as I thought you to be." He kept on his smirk as she started to set the altar, muttering a spell under her breath until he could see Ayanna.

She stepped and hugged him tightly and it felt so real, almost as if she was really there, "Niklaus, sweet child of mine."

"Ayanna." He said softly, his voice almost breaking with all the emotion it held.

"The prophecy is almost fulfilled Niklaus."

"How is it possible Ayanna, we thought Freya was dead, but it seems she isn't and, why didn't I recognize her?"

She smiled softly, caressing his cheek lovingly as a Mother would to her child, "Because that was the curse your Mother placed on you. That's why you didn't recognize her. Before sealing the bond, you have to fall in love with the woman but your Mother thought a vampire such as you and your siblings weren't capable of love. Only once you admit it to yourself fully, will you recognize her."