CHAPTER 9.

As realisation started sinking in, she became silent. Deadly silent. Her mind rushed to many things, moments between them. But her heart stayed stoic on the sensation she had whenever he was around. The connection between them that felt like an unbreakable yet thin thread. As if they were tied for life. Not mated by a prophecy of a soulmate bond. Fated, made to be together, as lovers, as friends, as family or whatever they chose as long as they were together.

"Does he know?"

"I'm not sure. He heard about the prophecy being almost fulfilled but he wasn't sure who his soulmate was, or at least his head wasn't sure. His heart knew it all from the very beginning." Lavinia looked towards Sophia not being able to hold Hayley's gaze.

"What about his siblings?" Sophia asked absentmindedly.

"They met their soulmates. Davina is mated to one of them. Kol."

"Yeah that's really messed up." Sophia said with a feeling that everything was going down hill. Especially with Davina.

"Kol, he is complicated but he has never loved anyone. He always wanted the first he would love to be his soulmate."

"How do you know?" Hayley asked when her Mother finally turning to her.

"As I already told you, Klaus and I were friends. I used to work as his witch, helped him keeping up the rumours about the curse of the sun and the moon. He trusted me with many things even about his family."

"I swear to god Mom I'm never going to him like ever again," Hayley said looking disgusted with herself and the way she felt about him.

"Gross Hayley. We have never even thought about what you are thinking. We were friends, that's all."

"I'll take your word on that, but he is hot like really hot, and you are hot so..." Sophia trailed off when Hayley glared at her. "No need to get grumpy Hayls, he's all yours."

"Stop. Both of you."

Hayley shut them out, feeling way too overwhelmed to think about her and Klaus and the soulmate bond. "I'm betrothed to Jackson anyway so."

"Urg I'd dump Jackson in a heartbeat."

"Sophia, you are getting annoying." Hayley snapped again at which Sophia simply laughed.

Their moment of calm was ruined when Jackson showed in the doorway of the dungeon. No one dared say a thing, he simply took Hayley, while Lavinia screamed the place down and left the room.

"I'm ready to kill the Hollow but don't think even for a second that I'm doing that to realise your wish to trigger my gene. I want to spare the lives of innocent people, that's all." She immediately spat at him as soon as they were out.

"Careful with your words Hayley. Your toy boy isn't here to save you." Jackson said faking an innocent voice while caressing Hayley's cheek that was turning red with fury.

"You are a delusional bastard!"

"How controversial calling me a bastard when your Man is actually one," His little laughter shot shivers down her spine as she tried to move further from him but his hold on her biceps was tight enough to bruise her arm.

"I don't know what you are talking about Jackson but I think you don't know either."

"But I know Andrea. I was a wolf yet I retained my memories...I was rummaging around the bayou when I felt the need to go, my paws carried me to the Compound and I saw you and him in the pool. And Lavinia and also your friend Marcel...fraternizing with the vampires? You know what would happen to your Mother if anyone was to know?"