CHAPTER 11.

Rebekah watched Elijah slowly regaining consciousness after she broke his neck.

"Rebekah what madness happened here?" He asked, outraged.

"Our sister Freya saved the day even though we had a little problem with Hayley, but they are both fine, in Freya's pendant."

With that she took Hayley's body into Klaus's room upstairs, her Brother's body already being taken upstairs by Kol.

By the time Elijah had woken up Lavinia and Sophia had already left and Davina was somewhere out of sight but he could feel her presence in the Compound, and his Brother's Kol too.

When Rebekah vamp sped back downstairs he couldn't help himself anymore.

"Where is Sophia?" Elijah questioned. That was the first time Rebekah noticed what has been happening under her nose this whole time. Not just Klaus and Kol, but Elijah too, they had all found their mates.

"Oh you hopeless fool, you knew this whole time and you didn't say a thing?" He slowly lowered his head in defeat.

"I didn't want her to feel obligated to anything and then this Hallow mess popped out...do you think she will ever forgive me?" Elijah asked his face pained.

"As your sister I really hope she will find it in herself to somehow forgive you, but as her friend...I don't know Elijah."

"I was fighting for our home Rebekah, usually I always had Niklaus by my side but this time-"

"-This time Klaus understood that our home is nothing without those we love. He was ready to give up his soul for Hayley, because he was not afraid to love her, you should try to do the same," Rebekah advised him.

***

The pendant realm

Klaus watched as Hayley walked around looking enchanted, admiring her surroundings, looking so light and thoughtless. So free.

"Where are we?" She asked in a voice full of curiosity, almost childlike.

"In the old music room of the Compound. I guess this room was associated to our family in Freya's mind since Kol took her here during a Christmas ball."

"It's...amazing, where is this room? I don't think I have ever seen it."

"Well you haven't seen a huge part of the Compound, yet, unfortunately this room doesn't exist anymore...it was destroyed during a storm," Klaus saw a frown appear on her beautiful face and then her enchanting eyes were boring into his.

"Why won't you rebuild it? I mean this is amazing. You should rebuild it in my honour," She said with a smile and a little provocation to him before taking a run up the stairs. "Chase me!" She chanted out accompanied by the sound of her sweet laughter.

He needn't be told twice before running after her at human pace. Nobody there but the two of them, no enemies, evil Mothers in law and unloved fiancés. Just them and he imagined them in a couple of years, maybe with a child or two once the curse was broken. Running around the Compound without a care in the world....

***

She looked up from the bag she was packing, collecting with a tissue the tears running down her face. Checking all the windows and doors, she left a note on the fridge for Davina and took one last seat in their childhood home. After crying some more, she stood again and went for the door, already seeing the cab that she had called for the airport. The drive was silent and her mood just got worse, frustrated she needed to talk to someone, anyone, yet her Sister had just betrayed her......and as much as she tried to justify Davina, Sophia couldn't talk herself into forgiving her little Sister. At least both of them were safe, Davina had Marcel and Josh and now Kol. And she...she was going to leave New Orleans behind and finally live a life away from the bloodshed and continuous war, hoping that her best friend since childhood would be safe.