Chapter 10: Confrontation

The Viper

All in all, when everything was said and done and despite a few setbacks, Viper would count the whole operation a success.

Sure, the tracker he had secretly placed on Firmin had malfunctioned and blown up, but...

"It did fucking what?!"

Hm... well, and there was Wolf yelling at him for that.

"So... I placed a tracker on Firmin to see what imbecile in GenTech or Swordpoint would give him-"

"Not that part, the other part..."

"Oh, well, I put explosives in the tracker to be able to take him and the imbecile out... and they malfunctioned and... well, y'know..."

His twin was sitting with his head in his hands, looking at Viper from between his claws.

"Why?!"

"Well-"

"I already scared the shit out of an administrative worker to find the leak..."

"I thought there might be more."

"Okay... good thinking, bad execution."

"Heh... it was an execution alright."

"I'm gonna throw a table at you."

"Please don't, Phil will complain."

Wolf gave his brother a tired look.

"I'm fine with killing, okay? I can get past killing a guy while he's in his car with his family, even. But you always, always make sure the kill is intentional. We lost control of the situation thanks to your stunt, you know that?"

Viper nodded, wiping the smirk off his face to show his twin he meant it.

"I know Wolf. I fucked up, I'll own up to that."

"That's all I needed to hear. Don't let it happen again, okay?"

"Copy that, sir."

"Good. Now for today's whole UN meeting thing. You and Caracal will be back up. Greyhound and Swallow are running as direct guards to the politician, while Aurora and I will patrol the perimeter. Thoughts?"

"Sounds good so far. Stormcrow?"

"In the room with the politicians. He can't be seen, means he can be there without spooking anyone."

"Makes sense. That everyone?"

"The newly acquired human crew will stay and guard the bar, just in case. So yes, that's it."

"And... we're waiting for what exactly to tell the others?"

Viper knew his brother well enough to know that Wolf was tired. Far more tired than he should have been. He also knew that meant his brother would need a push to get moving. Wolf still shook his head though.

"We'll give them a few more minutes to relax. The newbloods are on edge and Caracal just needs rest in general."

"No concern for Greyhound?"

"Oh, his bones are too old, he needs his sleep."

Both twins smiled for a moment, knowing the old Warslave had heard that. It was a while before Viper spoke again.

"So... how well did you recover?"

"I'll fight. And I'll kill, so there should be no problem."

"Still,if I've learned anything, it's that you need to talk about this."