• 11 •

Trust me - I knew addiction but the post orgasm glow could easily become the most addictive thing to ever exist on this planet. The release left me feeling complete inner calm, like for once I was in-tune with my body, putting my own needs first.

The world just seemed a little more colourful in that post orgasm glow. The sweet twill of the birds high up in the trees added to my feeling of relaxation and when I looked over at the man responsible for my afterglow, I found him all the more handsome.

What made him truly beautiful to me was what came from deep within. Years have passed and will continue to pass, that face will eventually become lined with wrinkles and yet, he will still always remain attractive.

And sure, it helped - the gentle depth of his eyes, the cute slope of his nose dotted with those light freckles, his lips and how they moved, instantly making me imagine the different ways he could kiss me.

I loved how oblivious he was to his appeal, not at all arrogant. He had no clue I was watching him because he didn't think he was much to look at. He rubbed his finger mindlessly against his dark stubble, like his thoughts were a million miles away.

I wonder what he was thinking about.

Craving touch, I placed my hand on his thigh and it seemed to bring him back to the present. His lips slightly curled upwards at the corners and he took one hand off of the steering wheel so he could raise my hand up to his lips and kiss it softly.

"Can we go get cupcakes?"

I smiled, "what?"

Is that what he was thinking about, cupcakes?

"I know this bakery, it does amazing build-your-own cupcakes. Can we go get cupcakes after we've picked Everly up?"

"Sure."

This man gave me an amazing orgasm, with the promise of more and now he wanted to feed me cake? I was on cloud nine, floating weightlessly high above the earth. Nothing could ruin this feeling for me.

"And then I want to take you shopping."

And just like that, I had jinxed my own bubble of fluff and came abruptly crashing down with a hard thud.

He wanted to take me shopping because I didn't look like everyone else in this town. I didn't look like the pretty girls walking around his office. I probably humiliated him today.

I don't own a business suit slapped with some designer name. I barely had enough time to brush my own hair this morning because I was seeing to my daughters needs.

He probably heard the blondes talking about me or perhaps he just wanted to dress me in some fancy outfit and show me off to Leighton, earning himself some extra Girl Scout points.

Let's face it, I walked into his office this morning looking like he picked me up at the dog pound and to be honest, that's how I felt. Low self esteem, underdressed and unworthy. Maybe he had every right to feel ashamed of me.

"No thank you." I answered snappy.

My whole demeanour had changed towards him and I was now emitting cold vibes. I took my hand off of his thigh and tilted my body to face out of the window. Embarrassment coagulated beneath my skin, making me itch.

"Come on Mil, don't be like that. You know I'm good for it, don't even think about the money. The apartment isn't exactly child friendly. I need to get her some toys or something. We don't know how long you'll be here. I want to do this for her, please let me do this for her."

Realisation clung to me like glue, I was such an idiot.

I started laughing, like a crazy person and he took his eyes off the road to look at me, having absolutely no idea why I was laughing but for some reason he joined in with the laughter too.