10 | Adventure Awaits

* * *

* * *

"Finally!" Azrael breathed a sigh of relief as he stumbled across a small campfire. His demonic energy had nearly fizzled out on him, forcing him to make his treacherous journey on foot. He'd been walking for hours while carrying Elizabeth on his shoulder and was in desperate need of a rest.

He dropped Elizabeth beside the small fire and let out an exhausted sigh. Without a bulk of his powers, this was proving quite difficult. Azrael was running low on steam and he didn't know how much farther he could go. Not to mention, he had no clue as to the whereabouts of Obsidian. He was growing ragged as he blindly wandered the plain in search of her, hoping his current path would lead him to her.

In his heart, he felt he was going in the right direction and that she couldn't be terribly out of his reach. He wondered how much she'd changed and how much the war had affected her. It had been what felt like an eternity since they'd been together last, and he longed to lay his eyes upon her face once more.

Azrael collapsed to his knees. He took a moment to catch his breath. He had nothing left in him. He needed to recharge and had no other choice but to stay here for a while. Azrael looked over at Elizabeth who was still unconscious and frowned.

"Wretched woman," he said with such blatant disgust. Even touching the goddess felt wrong. "This is all your fault. You made me do all this. All those humans' blood is on your hands, but I know you'll never accept responsibility for the role you played."

"Please, Azrael. Think of Obsidian!"

Elizabeth's then-pleading words still struck a chord in his heart. He closed his eyes in hopes it would suppress the unwanted memories. His weakness for Obsidian was something Elizabeth had exploited back then, but once she was safe in his arms, he would make sure that no harm would ever befall his sweetheart ever again.

Azrael stared at his palms. "You should've been killed back then. You and your precious boyfriend. So how are you still alive?" He didn't expect an answer, but he was so frustrated. "I will never forgive you for what you did to me and all the shit you put my family through. But why would you care? You're so wrapped up in yourself that you can't fathom that anyone else around you matters. You're such a spoiled brat. I'd kill you myself if I didn't need you to appease Obsidian."

Azrael shook his head. He didn't even have the tiniest idea where to start his search. The world was a massive place and Obsidian could be anywhere in it.

"Dammit O. Where are you?" He gazed up at the starry sky, wondering where in the world she could be. He punched the ground in his frustration. "DAMN IT!!" He screamed to the heavens, losing his cool as he tried to fight his weakening body.

Elizabeth stirred, beginning to regain consciousness. Spotting her slight movements, Azrael grabbed her to roughly pull her into an upright sitting position. He angrily sneered in Elizabeth's face then proceeded to backhanded her with full force.