24 | Boy Drama

* * *

* * *

The warm glowing sunlight filtered through the maroon curtains as daytime called with birds' cries. It was a new day. A new day filled with opportunity and adventure. What would it bring? One could only wonder as each day passed by more eventful than the last.

The fluffy comforter slipped from Obsidian's body as she climbed out of bed onto the plush carpeting. She looked at Zeldris snoozing soundly and smiled at all the trouble he went through for her. His kindness was unrivaled and she hoped her own plans would bring him the same amount of joy he brought her.

Though she was still skeptical of how probable Azrael and Meliodas's plans were, she was confident in her own abilities to assist them in taking care of their common enemy. Afterwards, she would be more than happy to finally dispose of Meliodas when the hellish curse that brought to him endless life was broken.

Obsidian dressed herself and crept out into the hall to keep from waking her sleeping prince. She sighed dreamily and leaned on the door, swirling with adoration and love for her charming man. In this moment, there was nothing that could ruin her day. She was on top of the world. With a happy yip, Link sprinted over to her and jumped up onto her legs having missed his master. Obsidian gave him the scratches he was craving and the puppy whimpered with contentment.

"Hi, cutie! Did you miss me?" Obsidian grinned. Link barked in response and began to paw at her legs, wishing to be picked up. Obsidian obliged and swaddled him like a baby as she gave him much-welcomed belly rubs. "I missed you, too. Yes I did!" Her cooing and gentle rubs made him grin widely. If there was one thing Link loved besides a good piece of meat, it was Obsidian.

Obsidian carried Link as she reminisced of her time in Camelot. It hadn't felt like it, but it had been a very long time since they'd taken over. Violence had been a constant, the memories of their fights burned into her mind. Though, this place was where her friendships truly flourished. Gloxinia and Drole had been her greatest friends and it felt empty without the giant around. He'd made his choice—which Obsidian had come to accept—but it didn't make the pain of his absence any less.

"Oh, Lady Obsidian, you look beautiful as ever." Cusack bowed to her when they bumped into each other.

A low growl escaped Link as he eyed the stranger. He was shushed at once with a gentle rub on the head. "I'm surprised Chandler isn't hanging onto your arm like a lost child," Obsidian said.

"Yes, well, as you can expect, he still hasn't fully come to terms with...you-know-who." He grimaced slightly at the thought of Chandler blubbering like a baby over Meliodas's choices.

"That doesn't at all surprise me."

"While I have you alone, may I make a suggestion?" Cusack seemed nervous to step closer.

"What is it?"

"I'm concerned for the young master. Since this Azrael fellow came into the picture, I'm afraid he hasn't quite been himself," said Cusack. "I entrust you to deal with him to prevent any...incident from occurring."