12 | Return to Liones

* * *

* * *

"So, this is Liones?" Ace looked out at the large castle peeking out over the horizon.

"Not impressed." Dalmaroz folded his arms and turned to Gilthunder. "Hey, human—"

"It's Gilthunder," he provided his name.

"Whatever." Dalmaroz didn't particularly care. "Where are your best warriors? Let's thrash 'em and find Azrael."

"Easy, Dalmaroz," Iris said, placing a hand tenderly on his shoulder. "We can't come in here causing a scene."

"Why not? Cause a scene and Azrael shows his face."

Iris gave him a death glare, her grip on his shoulder heavier. "Cause a scene and we delay finding Obsidian."

"Azrael should be here somewhere." Tozgal tapped his chin.

A loud explosion made the ground beneath their feet tremble. The demons glanced around at each other then to Zeldris who was looking to the east. He frowned, sensing a significant amount of magical power that was steadily multiplying. As quickly as it grew, it disappeared in a moment.

Wordlessly, the group took off in the direction of all the chaos. Iris's arms pumped as they traveled quickly on foot. She was almost certain such power was coming from Azrael. There was no other who could come close to him in her eyes as he was one of the best there was.

Once they arrived at the location the source had come from, they were met with destruction and chaos. The aftermath of whoever had been here had left most of the humans to recuperate and vacate the premises immediately.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Ban became protective of his friends once he saw the demon prince and his cronies.

"Calm down, fox sin. I'm not here for a fight," Zeldris said.

"Oh, no? So you didn't come to finish what your psychotic friend started?" Ban didn't believe for a second the demons weren't plotting something.

"Friend?" Zeldris drew a puzzled look. He wondered if he was referring to the explosion they felt moments ago.

"Just go away! I have enough on my plate, alright?" Ban turned his back on him.

"You don't speak to Prince Zeldris with such disrespect, human," Iris said, placing her hands on her hips.

"We don't have time for this." Dalmaroz stomped towards the tall man, drawing two of his swords. "We're looking for Obsidian. If you're going to stand in our way, then I'll strike you down where you stand." He pointed a sword at Ban to threaten him to speak the truth.

"Obsidian?" Ban blinked. "You know just as much as I do. The Seven Deadly Sins and the Commandments were there when Meliodas kidnapped her. Haven't seen 'em since."