The Term Begins

The first day of a new term, my nerves were shot because of the events that transpired last night. I feel bad because of the way I yelled at him. He deserved it, he treated me so poorly last term. Maybe he didn't realize how his actions hurt me, perhaps I was too hard on him?

All of these thoughts hung over my head as I walked to the DADA classroom, Professor Hecat being my number one supporter after the passing of Fig. I walk into the classroom.

When I walked into the classroom I headed straight to the front, taking a seat in the first row. The rest of the students start to pile in. Poppy takes the seat next to me.

"Where did you go after the ceremony?" she asks "You came back to the dormitory in tears.. I didn't want to bug you last night"

I sigh, Poppy is my best friend, I thought.

"I got into a fight with Sebastian." I say blankly.

"I noticed you acting weird about his presence in Diagon Alley, I meant to ask about it. I just-" Poppy says before I cut her off.

"Poppy it's fine, I feel bad about it" I say quickly.

Professor Hecat comes into the room, and begins her lesson, it's more of a refresher than a anything. Before i know it, it's over. Hecat stops me while I gather my things. "Y/N can you hang around for a second, this won't take but a moment" 

I walk up to her, preparing myself for whatever conversation we are about to have.

Breathe

"Yes Professor?" I ask

"I wanted you to have something, one of your peers expressed to me that you've been having a rough time coming back to Hogwarts this term." She hands me a potion, blue in color, with a green pearlescent. "It will help with the visions" she explains.

"How- How did you know it was visions?" i ask, taking the potion, and putting it in my robe pocket.

"I was an unspeakable for many years Y/N, i've seen, and done things i will never forget." she says in an assuring tone.

"Thank you" I say, picking up my bag of books.

She nods and heads up to her office, and I begin my walk back to the common room. While passing the great hall I pass by a familiar face, a face that got me in quite a bit of trouble last term, Gareth Weasley.

Gareth is- Well, an interesting person. I know he had a bit of a crush on me, at-least that's what the rumor was. He did always seem to perk up when he saw me, so maybe there was some truth to it.

"Hey Y/N!" Gareth stops me "How've you been? Did you shrink?" He jokes.

Original..

"No" I laugh "It seems that everyone around me has grown an entire foot."

Why is it that men always immediately joke about a woman's height... Dogs, all of them

He smiles, "So, what are you doing later today? I'm going to Hogsmede, I was wondering if you'd want to grab a Butterbeer with me?" He asks confidently.

It caught me off guard, "I- - Sure, I'd love to." I stammer over my words.

He lights up at my answer, "Great! i'll come by your common room around five!" He starts to go for a hug, but quickly switches it up to a pat on the shoulder, very awkwardly.
~~~
It's nearing five and I haven't got any clue on what to wear. I don't know wether to think this is a date, or just merely hanging out with an old friend. Men are confusing, and so are my emotions.

I decide on a simple white blouse and some black trousers, my house robes on top. I step outside of the common room, sniffing the air. Being close to the kitchens means you smell everything being prepared, and god does it smell good.

Coming around the corner, Gareth appears. I jump, not expecting him to just pop around the corner like that.

"Well hey there" he says excited, his eyes look me up and down "You look nice"

"Thank you Gareth." My cheeks turn pink at the compliment. I'm not used to them so I typically don't know how to react.

We start walking to Hogsmede, the sky is a beautiful blue, pink, and orange mix. It reminds me of wildflowers in the spring.

We don't really talk much on the way, just awkward silence for the majority of it. I was never really good at starting conversations with my peers, especially when i had no idea what to talk about.

As we got closer to the small village I could hear the music, the chatter, I could feel the coziness of the town. We headed straight to the Three Broomsticks and found a two seater table towards the back.

Gareth walked up to the bar and retrieved two butter-beers. He hands one to me as he sits back down.

// Sebastian's POV \\

"I absolutely cannot believe this" I spat "Ominous are you sure she actually agreed to that?" I said pacing around the undercroft.

"I heard her loud and clear Seb, apparently it seems you aren't the only one who has eyes on her" Ominous replies.

I flick my wand, hitting the floor.

"And your sure it's meant to be a date?" i ask through my teeth.

"Well since Gareth immediately went to brag to Leander about his date, I'd assume that's what he wants it to be." He says sarcastically "You know, she was head over heals for you before you-"

"Before I what?" I snap at him

"Sebastian, you are my dearest friend" He sighs "But you went down a path last term that neither of us could follow you down"

"And that path is gone Ominous." I said sharply. "I just want her to forgive me" I pause and take a breath "I'm going"

"But Sebastian-" He pauses, knowing that once his friend has put his mind to something, nothing will stop him.

I leave the undercroft, and head straight to Hogsmede on my broom, making it there in minutes.   I know she made it clear that she wants nothing to do with me. But i want her, I don't want anyone else but her.

~Next chapter will have some spice, I promise! How are y'all liking it so far? give me suggestions, there are two ways i can take this from here 😉~~