Vol 4: Chapter 20 - Hearts

7th August

"Yo, Kiyotaka. Our classmates are calling for you. Everyone's already gathered at a function room Hirata reserved."

"Does any part of my demeanour show concern for their plans? I want to sleep and nothing is going to stop me."

People really gotta learn how to read in between the lines... I want my alone time as well, you know? Even robots need recharging.

"They have your phone, since you didn't collect it from Chabashira-sensei when boarding."

.
.
.

"What do you guys want?" I said the minute the door opened.

I'm questioning if my classmates deserve human rights and or oxygen after requesting for me at the octillionth of a millisecond that my body begins to shut down as I drift off into the realm of unconsciousness with the intention of rejuvenating my body for another day of having to deal with their chaotic messes, just before the chemicals in my body could travel to their designated areas to induce the state of sleep, due to the threat that they are in possession of my mobile device which leaves me vulnerable as my privacy is at risk of being exposed.

"Yay! Kiyotaka-kun's finally here!"

Don't celebrate, Kikyou. I'm on the verge of choking you till your epiglottis cartilage breaks, leaving your larynx vulnerable and taking advantage of said vulnerability by instilling laryngeal fracture onto your now weak throat to ensure that you suffer from significant problems with airway patency, voice production, and swallowing.

"So, basically, we've called you here because we all decided to play a little game!"

"What game?"

"I'm glad you asked. Chabashira-sensei has just handed us back our phones that are inside this little box." She held up the box that Sae-sensei used to store our devices.

"And since we've all shut down our phones, we are all bound to get some notifications after being gone for a week, right? So, the game is, whoever has the most notifications when their phone gets switched on, wins!" She pumped her fist in the air to display excitement.

"And what does the winner get?"

"1000 points from everyone in the class."

That would amount to around... 39, 000 points for the winner. Low risk, high return game. I like the sound of that. But, I've not forgiven them at all for what they did.

"Ah, Kanji and I already switched on our phones..."

"And as punishment, they would all be giving 10, 000 points instead." Kikyou gave a thumbs up with a wink."

"Damn it! I was about to subscribe to another onl... online tutoring lesson."

So, it would now be 57, 000 points. Even better. Thanks for being so charitable Ike, Yamauchi.

"However!" Kikyou suddenly exclaimed and stopped to create suspense. "Since the winner is getting a lot of money, the runner-up will get to read some of their notifications aloud for 5 minutes..."

So it's high risk, high return, huh? Our privacy in exchange for 57k. Guess it's worth the little compromise.

"So, how does it work?"